Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection?

Discus and support Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone :) I've never owned a 1080i TV before and I'm hoping that someone who has / or still owns a 1080i TV responds to this inquiry. If you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lei Fang DOAX3, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection?

Hello everyone Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? :)

I've never owned a 1080i TV before and I'm hoping that someone who has / or still owns a 1080i TV responds to this inquiry. If you respond to this, thank you very much for your assistance regarding this matter, I really appreciate it Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? :)

Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? Just to be clear, I am refering the Original Playstation One, Sega Dreamcast, and Original Xbox.

With that being said, I am posting this here on the Xbox Forums because the primary intent of this inquiry is directed towards my Original Xbox. The very fact that the Original Playstaion One and Sega Dreamcast can benefit from the 1080i TV is just an added
    plus LOL Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection? :)

:)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Jul 12, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Using HDMI and Composite video cables at the same time?

[quote user="KillaSammich"]So my question is would it be possible to instead just have both the HDMI and Composite cables hooked up to the TV, so that instead of swapping wires around every time, I can just change inputs on the TV when I want to watch Netflix?[/quote]HDMI
    and AV port cables cannot be connected at the same time, with the exception of the A/V dongle that was provided with the old HDMI cable kit. Connecting both is not supported. Doing so "confuses" the 360.

With your specific TV, there's no point. You have a rear projection CRT TV. It doesn't support anything better than 1080i. Pick up a Component (red/green/blue) AV cable. That will provide you with 1080i.

IceStorm III, Jul 12, 2014
  3. bp513
    bp513 Guest
    Great video, no sound HDMI

Hi I just set up my new Xbox (black, slim, 4gb) last night to my year old Samsung LCD tv. I attempted to use my own HDMI cable that seems to work correctly when connecting my iPad to my tv (with video and sound). But with my Xbox I can' see great picture
    but no sound. I used the AV composite cables to ensure sound was working with the new Xbox; (it's sad xbox doesn't include HD composite cables like they used to; my 6 year old xbox was stolen including the hd composite cables hence the need for a new system.)
    I welcome any suggestions . Thanks Brent

bp513, Jul 12, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Will a 1080i TV work well with older game consoles that use a Composite Cable connection?