Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage...

Discus and support Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wanna buy 2 pieces 14500L 900mAh li-ion batteries and run them on the xbox controller, will these batteries work in the controller? Is there a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ozan Akgül, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Ozan Akgül
    Ozan Akgül Guest

Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage...

I wanna buy 2 pieces 14500L 900mAh li-ion batteries and run them on the xbox controller, will these batteries work in the controller? Is there a problem with the controller because it's 7.4v?

:)

Ozan Akgül, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage the controller?

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

Keep in mind that the controller works at 5V and Microsoft recommends using only AA batteries that have the designation "LR6" (alkaline batteries), which generally deliver a voltage of 1.2V so the batteries you mention could cause some damage to the controller. device.

Best Regards.
  3. SilentJay76 Win User

Can Li-ion battery outputting 3.7 volts each, damage my Xbox controller?

18650 batteries will not fit in the controller, since they are much bigger than AA.

I would suggest getting some rechargeable AA batteries (Eneloop or similar) and a charger (if you don't already have one.) Alternatively there are rechargeable battery packs specifically for the controller, which you can charge with a cable or an external charging stand, depending on the type.

The advantage of regular AA rechargeables is that you can also use them in other equipment, if required.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

i would not use those 18650 batteries in a controller, its 3.7 volts but they kick out alot of amps too. i use 18650 batteries in my ecig which can sustain high output. they are also dangerous when used for the wrong purpose (18650 batteries are used in testa battery packs too lol). they would also most likely not fit as they are physically bigger than normal aa batteries.
  5. WarLord Hellas Win User

I see, but most of the times i had 1.2V output batteries, so in total 2.4V. I didn't encounter any problems.
    It's really common that normal batteries are have 1.2V output. EVEN MS in its controller package provides 2 x 1.2V batteries!!
    Don't you find that strange?
  6. Farscape247 Win User

under volting can cause stability issues in the way the controller works and may not have enough power for everything, it may even cut out when vibration motors start up.
Thema:

1. Will 14500L 3.7 volt li-ion batteries work with xbox controller, will the battery damage... - Similar Threads - 14500L volt ion

2. I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick: I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick 962e296e-00f4-4457-afa3-20032897164d
  3. elétric volt 2021 Joystick do not update on series s

in XboX Insiders
    elétric volt 2021 Joystick do not update on series s: Did any of you have this problem? I've tried via pc and xbox, but do not update, tried to reset the firmware and stays the same. now it don't even try to update and shows me the message "not...
  4. My Xbox Wireless Controller - Electric Volt right trigger sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Wireless Controller - Electric Volt right trigger sticks: I bought an Xbox Wireless Controller - Electric Volt on 2022-05-01 and as of today the right trigger sticks when fully pressed. According to some research it seems that the soft pad behind the...
  5. 5 volt power supply Xbox Adaptive Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    5 volt power supply Xbox Adaptive Controller?: Hi All, I have The Xbox Adaptive Controller I am looking for the 5 volt 2 amp power supply where can i find info on the plug size or what others are using? thanks...
  6. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  7. Xbox one fat dual volt source

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one fat dual volt source: My Xbox one fat has a dual voltage source. Even though I have a dual voltage source, do I need to use a stabilizer? Meu Xbox one fat possui uma fonte bivolt. Mesmo tendo uma fonte bivolt, eu...
  8. Electric Volt controller connect to Win10 via cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Electric Volt controller connect to Win10 via cable: Currently connected via bluetooth with included batteries powering controller. Can i use a usb c to usb a cable to both power and communicate with PC (to drop the batteries and avoid bluetooth...
  9. Hello, my console charger farted and I would like to buy another preferably 220 Volt. How ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, my console charger farted and I would like to buy another preferably 220 Volt. How ...: Hello, my console charger farted and I would like to buy another preferably 220 Volt. How should I do it ? f97c5113-a633-473c-81e2-440f7cc88b11
  10. Power unit 220 volt in 110 volt country Than

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power unit 220 volt in 110 volt country Than: I have a 220 volt xbox one with a 220 volt brick (power adapter cord from xbox) in a 110 volt country. I use a transformator that changes 110 v to 220 v. This worked fine for the xbox 360. I read...