Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

Discus and support Wifi speed vs Xbox speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wifi speed vs Xbox speed Is this normal? Hello everyone. My wifi speed indicates 100mbts on my Phone but my Xbox is linked directly with an rj45 To my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by alexandrealex1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

Wifi speed vs Xbox speed
    Is this normal?

Hello everyone. My wifi speed indicates 100mbts on my Phone but my Xbox is linked directly with an rj45 To my router and I am getting between 10 and 30mbts. Is this normal?

:)

alexandrealex1, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox One X

I take it you're WiFi on both your PC and XB1X and you used a diagnostic speed test site. Biggest problem is with majority of these tools, is the fact they are server side and test speeds to your gateway/router/modem and not your home WiFi network. Theoretical
    speeds are exactly that, actual WiFi speeds tend to be lower. The reality is, you could be getting 120mbps into your home but WiFi is putting out 60mps.
  3. Ray Porter Win User

problems connecting to xbox live for the past several days

I've added a wifi booster in the problem room. Even with 100% wifi signal, the download speed was terrible (0.01 mbps). I've connected the xbox one to the wifi repeater via an ethernet cable and the problems seem to have cleared (download speed of 13.9
    mbps). Has the wifi card in the xbox started to go bad?
  4. Malacath Win User

Horrible Wireless Performance

@Daitheflu916

Have you tried changing the wifi channel?

Also what wifi band are you using?

If you are using the standard 2.4Ghz band then wifi can be so congested that it's impossible to get a decent speed. Although changing the wifi channel can help. For instance I get a massive speed drop if I am using wifi channel 1 but if I switch to channel
    11 the speed doubles.

If you have a dual band AC router though then try connecting to the 5Ghz band.

I got a massive speed boost when I did that. With 2.4Ghz I was lucky to get speeds above 10Mbps. Now I get the full speed of my line which is 75megs.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Question about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

to add also, your wifi and lan speeds are not indicative of the speeds you connect to the internet, it is the actual broadband speed your have that you need to confirm.
  6. TamFarquhar Win User

My Xbox game clips are lagging

I think it has something to do with your wifi upload speed, maybe check how fast your upload speed is. Strangely for example if i use my 4G hotspot my clips don’t lag but as soon as i clip stuff on my wifi it does. This is because the upload speed of my wifi is terrible apparently...
Thema:

Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

1. Wifi speed vs Xbox speed - Similar Threads - Wifi speed speed

2. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  3. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  4. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC: Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to...
  5. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47: Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba
  6. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...
  7. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  10. : WiFi Speed/Latency

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : WiFi Speed/Latency: : WiFi Speed/Latency The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download speed. On rare occations it is very good (like it...