: WiFi Speed/Latency

Discus and support : WiFi Speed/Latency in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : WiFi Speed/Latency The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DieteticAura, Jul 20, 2020.

1. DieteticAura
    DieteticAura Guest

The internet speed on my Xbox one is very... unstable. On most days it is very bad being around 340 ping and 0.5mbps download speed. On rare occations it is very good (like it should be) being about 10 ping and about. 80mbps download speed. I have tried
    everthing from restarting my router to messing around with my DNS settings and various other settings. The wifi does reach (4/4 bars and 5/5 on my phone) Anybody know the reason/fix for this? (I am using a Virgin Media Hub 3.0, ignore the fact it says superhub
    2.0)

:)

DieteticAura, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X/ASUS RT-AC86u and latency issues

Hi,

Do you have online gaming latency issues?

What are you using to measure your ping (latency)? If you're doing speed tests over the internet, this tests your connection speed to a local server over the internet, it has nothing to do with your WIFI.

The VM Suberhub 3 has both a 2.4Ghz and a 5GHz WIFI, make sure you're using the 5GHz for the best connection speed over your home WIFI.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

This is a scam

It's not about bandwidth of 90-100Mbps it is about latency, the speed of the connection to the datacentre for cloud gaming, depending what route your isp sends traffic to the datacentre will determine your latency to that server.

if you are on wifi it can add even more latency.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the connection is terrible and slow

Hi Awesome. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I'm sorry you are experiencing connection issues with your Xbox.

> I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it

What have you tried? Please be specific. Knowing this will help us reach a solution quicker.

> it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but the latency

Download, upload, and latency are all dependent on your WiFi connection. It is possible to have high speeds but poor latency, this is usually an issue with your router, internet connection, or the WiFi signal.
  5. Dpalmer 24 Win User

Really high latency on wired connection on xbox one.

I'm in Chicago with a Comcast business connection and having a similar latency issue on the XBone. Speed test over wifi shows my latency at 10 -12ms on my phone and computer, but my wired Xbone is showing 400ms. Any ideas beside power cycling my modem, router,
    etc.? I've done that several times with no success.
  6. dirtbound Win User

Will the Windows Surface Tablet work with the Xbox One?

Many possibilities with WiFi Direct... low latency, high speed direct data transfer opens options for many types of peripherals and inter-device functionality. I think we have an exciting generation ahead of us.
Thema:

1. : WiFi Speed/Latency - Similar Threads - WiFi Speed Latency

2. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  3. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  4. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC: Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to...
  5. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47: Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba
  6. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...
  7. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  10. Wifi speed vs Xbox speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wifi speed vs Xbox speed: Wifi speed vs Xbox speed Is this normal? Hello everyone. My wifi speed indicates 100mbts on my Phone but my Xbox is linked directly with an rj45 To my router and I am getting between 10 and...