WiFi slows down after time for no apparent reason please help

Discus and support WiFi slows down after time for no apparent reason please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One S 1TB White My wifi speeds decrease over time and my latency increases as I use my console, I can reset this by clearing the alternate MAC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eliotrope564, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Eliotrope564
    Eliotrope564 Guest

Xbox One S 1TB White

My wifi speeds decrease over time and my latency increases as I use my console, I can reset this by clearing the alternate MAC adress, as of now it's been about an hour since the last reset, these are my network stats from the Xbox one S iyself, down 20.34,
    up 0.14, latency 566m, packet loss 0% mtu 1480 signal strength 76%.

I will now reset alternate MAC adress and post new results down 32.30 up 2.61 latency 71ms packet loss 0% mtu 1480 wireless strength 92%

I didn't move any hardware I only experience this with the Xbox one S no other device slows down by itself like this until reseting anything. Is there a permanent fix for this having to this every half hour is Uber annoying and wiring is not option also
    using Google dns at the moment.

thank you.

:)

Eliotrope564, Jul 26, 2017
  2. Blu-Ray App not working and gone from the App Store.

Pay $600 for a beta console that randomly breaks down and apps stop working for no apparent reason !

xRAGINGxSTORMx1, Jul 26, 2017
  3. ds637234
    ds637234 Guest
    Xbox wifi connection slows down bad after update

About within 24 hours my wifi connection drops to 2 mbs dl and 1 mb upload after latest march update the only way to get it back to speed is to rejoin my network through settings and re enter my password then within 24hrs it slows down again. Also when it
    slows down the xbox shows huge gain in wireless strength. It has been perfect since launch now it is broken with an update.

ds637234, Jul 26, 2017
  4. coo1man25 Win User

Why does astroneer take loads of time to load?

Load times can be slowed down by alot of things for example if another game is updating it may slow down your xbox. It could also be WiFi reasons.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Wireless Internet is super slow on Xbox live need help

Do you have a stereo wireless headset, especially those from MadKatz and Turtle Beach? If so, please unplug its transmitter from the console, as those use the same frequency as WiFi but don't use the WiFi rules so they jam the
    WiFi system and slow it down severely.

Also, is there a cordless house phone base unit, an X-10 system, a baby monitor or other wireless device within 3'/one metre of the Xbox? Those also can jam the signal and slow it down severely - but WiFi devices and cellphones
    are no problem.
  6. Tristen Miller Win User

Is there a Way to Make it so That Your Friend can no longer send you Xbox Live Gifts?

Nah XD

If it makes you feel better, after I showed him this support thread he gifted me another game. I was hoping it would make him slow down if he saw I was trying to get help with blocking them. I was apparently wrong.
  7. EvgenyVS Win User

Slow and stuttering gameplay

I got the same issue. It started recently.

After some time in any game the whole Xbox one S slows down: main menu opening, game(s) freezing.

I have tried everything: clear cache, MAC, moved games to external HDD, full factory reset. Nothing helps.

The possible reason is it may get problem with internal HDD, but problem is not appearing immediatly after boot but after some time. Another reason might be heating (fan failure?). But there is no way to do any diagnosis and there is no error messages.

Any ideas/help?
  8. BlitzNova Win User

DLC Problem

Out of curiosity, do you have your Xbox downloading off of wifi or is the console on an Ethernet cable? If you're trying to download from wifi your internet connection might be slowing it down. If, it's hard wired, please ignore this comment and I will
    try to find you a solution.
Thema:

1. WiFi slows down after time for no apparent reason please help - Similar Threads - WiFi slows down

2. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  3. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47: Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba
  4. Slow wifi speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow wifi speeds: I have a RAX10 netgear router and the dowload speeds for my xbox consoles specifically is super slow playstation switch and phones are all fine it’s only the xbox that’s slow help?...
  5. Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Extremely slow download speeds (WiFi): Ever since upgrading my xbox to the Series X I gave my wife my old XB1X to use for our living room TV. What I have noticed is consistently poor wifi speeds causing this system to be far less...
  6. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  7. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Xbox One X Outrageously Slow Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Outrageously Slow Wifi.: I have looked far and wide for an answer to this issue and Microsoft Support no longer answers questions for the One X. I have both an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One X. My issue is that the Xbox...
  10. Alpha-ring slow wifi but perfect on public build

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha-ring slow wifi but perfect on public build: Hey, I'm getting odd issue from some of the Alpha ring build. I have reported them but no luck so far so trying here. networking setup: I have 300/50Mbps fiber link and 5GHz wifi on the Alpha ring...