Wifi connects then drops upon sign in - help, my son is heartbroken!!

Discus and support Wifi connects then drops upon sign in - help, my son is heartbroken!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; "Santa" brought my son a used Xbox 360 for Christmas and we began the process of set up today. I am new to Xbox so I have been reading posts and "Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngelaB08, Jan 12, 2014.

1. AngelaB08
    AngelaB08 Guest

"Santa" brought my son a used Xbox 360 for Christmas and we began the process of set up today. I am new to Xbox so I have been reading posts and "Xbox for Dummies" online. Really.

All has been going well except for sign-in. I kept getting signed out immediately and I couldn't figure out why. I finally realized that The System was dropping my Wifi upon sign-in. It connects, I get no errors, all seems well until I actually LEAVE the
    connect to page and then it seems to fall apart immediately. I can't figure it out. (The unit is incredibly smart - it reads everything off my router including IP and gateway) So why the problem of signing in to Live Xbox??

here is the below info you requested. Any assistance would be appreciated - my son is SO EXCITED to play!! Please HELP!

Ontario Canada

no error readings - connection says all is fine until I sign in. When I return to connection page it shows "?" and there is no longer a connection

Router: D-LINK D815B1

purchased 2013 s/n pv122d4000388

Modem: Scientific Atlanta s/n 208905781

model DPC2100R2 (it's old but it still runs 2 laptops and a cellphone ok)

Without error readings, I don't know what else I can tell you?

Thanks, ~A

:)

AngelaB08, Jan 12, 2014
  2. cannot read disc new skylanders game.

We are having the same problem here....Can anyone help. It was the gift from Santa and my son is SO HEARTBROKEN!

CurrentPack50, Jan 12, 2014
  3. cant sign in region not supported

i just bought my son his dream xbox one with 5 games. but its useless cause im unable to sign in due to message this region not supported . cant sign in cant download cant even play games from c.d. im ectremely disappointed and hes heartbroken

abdullahaltayeb, Jan 12, 2014
  4. Unkn0wn1
    Unkn0wn1 Guest

You indicated that you bought a used Xbox 360 console, the first thing, I would ask you to do is to, reset your network settings and clear the system cache.

1). Navigate to Settings on the Xbox Home Screen, click on system, select network settings, click on your Wifi name, click Configure network, scroll right and click on Reset to Factory defaults.

2). Now navigate back to settings from the Xbox home screen, Click on System, select Storage, Highlight the Hard Drive and press Y on the controller and select Clear System Cache, (Don't worry, your personal content will not be deleted).

3). Shut off the Xbox, Then turn it back on.

4). Set up your network connection

Tell me if this works or not.

Unkn0wn1, Jan 12, 2014
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    After you followed the instructions of heldbowl3 above, also check if wireless interference is causing the console to drop the connection.

If possible, try to connect the console with a LAN cord instead of a WLAN connection. Is the console now staying connected?

If yes, try to find out, if there are other wireless devices around you that interfere with your WLAN.

You can find neighbouring WLANs with the help of the
    free inSSIDer tool
    , that you run on your WLAN enabled PC. See if your WLAN broadcasts on the same channel as other WLANs. Also keep in mind, that nearby channels affect the next 2 channels up and down as well.

For example: If a neighbour is using Channel 4 for his WLAN, channels 2, 3, 5 and 6 will be used by that WLAN, and will therefore interfere with all WLANs on channel 1 (as these use 2 and 3), through channel 8 (as 8 will also use channel 6 used by the WLAN
    on channel 4). The only channels that don't interfere with each other are channels 1, 6, and 11. If these channels are already used by others, try to use the weakest or less used channel for your WLAN.

Also try and see if there are other wireless devices that broadcast in the WLAN frequency of 2.4 GHz. These could be wireless baby monitors, cordless phones, garage door opener remotes and the likes. Even Microwave ovens interfere in the 2.4GHz range when in
    operation.

If you find your WLAN to be too "polluted" by outside interference that you can't control (i.e. you can't force your neighbour to turn off their baby monitor), you might want to consider using homeplug adaptors that transmit network signals over your houses
    mains powerlines. For example Devolo is the most known maker of such homeplugs, but there are many others.

Arminator, Jan 12, 2014
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Sorry, but I can't edit my post anymore. I just found out, that Metageek now only SELLS the lates inSSIDer tool, but offers a free 3 day trial. So use the free trial version. It'll be sufficient for finding out other WLANs and their channel configuration.

Arminator, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Unkn0wn1 Win User

You indicated that you bought a used Xbox 360 console, the first thing, I would ask you to do is to, reset your network settings and clear the system cache.

1). Navigate to Settings on the Xbox Home Screen, click on system, select network settings, click on your Wifi name, click Configure network, scroll right and click on Reset to Factory defaults.

2). Now navigate back to settings from the Xbox home screen, Click on System, select Storage, Highlight the Hard Drive and press Y on the controller and select Clear System Cache, (Don't worry, your personal content will not be deleted).

3). Shut off the Xbox, Then turn it back on.

4). Set up your network connection

Tell me if this works or not.
  8. Arminator Win User

After you followed the instructions of heldbowl3 above, also check if wireless interference is causing the console to drop the connection.

If possible, try to connect the console with a LAN cord instead of a WLAN connection. Is the console now staying connected?

If yes, try to find out, if there are other wireless devices around you that interfere with your WLAN.

You can find neighbouring WLANs with the help of the
    free inSSIDer tool
    , that you run on your WLAN enabled PC. See if your WLAN broadcasts on the same channel as other WLANs. Also keep in mind, that nearby channels affect the next 2 channels up and down as well.

For example: If a neighbour is using Channel 4 for his WLAN, channels 2, 3, 5 and 6 will be used by that WLAN, and will therefore interfere with all WLANs on channel 1 (as these use 2 and 3), through channel 8 (as 8 will also use channel 6 used by the WLAN
    on channel 4). The only channels that don't interfere with each other are channels 1, 6, and 11. If these channels are already used by others, try to use the weakest or less used channel for your WLAN.

Also try and see if there are other wireless devices that broadcast in the WLAN frequency of 2.4 GHz. These could be wireless baby monitors, cordless phones, garage door opener remotes and the likes. Even Microwave ovens interfere in the 2.4GHz range when in
    operation.

If you find your WLAN to be too "polluted" by outside interference that you can't control (i.e. you can't force your neighbour to turn off their baby monitor), you might want to consider using homeplug adaptors that transmit network signals over your houses
    mains powerlines. For example Devolo is the most known maker of such homeplugs, but there are many others.
  9. Arminator Win User

Sorry, but I can't edit my post anymore. I just found out, that Metageek now only SELLS the lates inSSIDer tool, but offers a free 3 day trial. So use the free trial version. It'll be sufficient for finding out other WLANs and their channel configuration.
  10. CurrentPack50 Win User

cannot read disc new skylanders game.

We are having the same problem here....Can anyone help. It was the gift from Santa and my son is SO HEARTBROKEN!
  11. Frathos Win User

My son signs in on his profile no problem on his Xbox One but it automatically signs him out seconds later. Please help

The password saved for your son's profile may be corrupt.

Are you using a wired or WiFi connection? If WiFi, try disconnecting the console from WiFi, then reconnect to WiFi, sign in with affected account and enter the proper password for your son's account. Hopefully that will fix the profile password issue and
    stop signing out his account.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Wifi connects then drops upon sign in - help, my son is heartbroken!! - Similar Threads - Wifi connects drops

2. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  3. Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s): I cant connect to my wifi. Ive been able to connect it before but since 4 days it hasnt been connected to the wifi. Ive tried restarting both devices it doesnt work. It gives me the same erroe...
  4. Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...: I have a xbox one and when i tried to playing again today, i wasn't connected to the wifi. It may have been i unplugged it for my other Xbox for undertale, but I doubt it. When I click "connect to...
  5. My xbox won't connect to any wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox won't connect to any wifi network: My xbox series s won't connect to any wifi network. Home internet, mobile hotspot, neighbors. Please help submitted by /u/PooterScooter0 [link] [comments]
  6. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  7. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. issue with xbox dropping wifi connection

in XboX Insiders
    issue with xbox dropping wifi connection: whenever i turn my xbox on it drops its wifi connection for a bit then picks it up again and this has started recently dont know if its a update or if its my xbox series X having hardware issues...
  10. Xbox Series X drops wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X drops wifi connection: Xbox Series X drops wifi connection and the won't be able to find any wifi. I have to reset my Xbox and keep my games and apps just so it will find my wifi. Any way to fix this? It happens every...