Wife can't share xbox gold to play game

Discus and support Wife can't share xbox gold to play game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wife unable to play Xbox one should allow family members who don't have xbox live gold to enjoy the features of xbox live gold as long as I'm a gold... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Salmaniak, May 21, 2014.

1. Salmaniak
    Salmaniak Guest

Wife unable to play Xbox one should allow family members who don't have xbox live gold to enjoy the features of xbox live gold as long as I'm a gold member. For the past few days, my wife was able to play the free with xbox live gold exercises through
    her account but today she couldn't because she is not a gold member. Any clue on why that happened? Shouldn't she be able to enjoy the features of xbox live gold on xbox one since it is shared? Note: my account was also logged in. I also noticed that it sometimes
    work and sometime doesn't for her.

:)

Salmaniak, May 21, 2014
  2. ON3STA8
    ON3STA8 Guest
    Play Anywhere question?

So, I have Xbox Live Gold and the Game Pass and have been playing this gem. My wife would like to play it, and I know that xbox has the play anywhere thing. If I buy the game digitally on xbox, and install it on our pc, will she be able to play on her account
    (on the pc)? She doesn't have Gold, because she shares my Gold on the Home console.

ON3STA8, May 21, 2014
  3. Two XBox consoles?

You can also share digital games this way. This is how I play games with my wife with 2 xboxes and 1 gold account. Just wish I could use 1 disc instead of having to buy the game digitally or 2 physical copies.

Brother Chaotic, May 21, 2014
  4. Wife can't share xbox gold to play game

Gold features are not available to people logged in as silver members. It sucks, it in the exact same boat, wife is sick of the 3 Jillian workouts available to her. I have a large pile of 48 hr gold codes she's been working off. Will probably upgrade her
    to gold, 5$ / month is worth the extra workouts I guess.

UltraViolence74, Jun 11, 2014
  5. cuki3
    cuki3 Guest
    Sometimes that happens to me, too. I don't have gold but my boyfriend does. In my opinion, it seems as if the system sometimes has trouble recognizing my boyfriend's gold subscription. As a result, i would uninstall and reinstall the game to help with
    this issue.

cuki3, Nov 1, 2018
  6. zachnamal Win User

Question about sharing between 2 Xbox ones

I agree to above poster that Xbox Home game sharing does work.

Based on your issue description, your wife went on to play games on Xbox 1 using her account. Now, since Xbox 1 is not your profile's Home Xbox, your profile will not be able to share its game to other profiles because it already set Xbox 2 as its Home Xbox
    which means all other profiles on Xbox 1 will not be able to play your games. Your wife though should still be able to play the games purchased and redeemed on her account on Xbox 1.

Below are the links available regarding Game and Gold Sharing :

support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  7. ArminatorX Win User

My wife's Xbox one is set as my home Xbox, but she doesn't not have Xbox gold on her Xbox. Can anyone tell me why?

Make sure that your own account does have an active Gold membership. If it doesn't, the Home Console can't share your Gold to your wife.

Also be aware that your wife is only able to participate in Parties and Online multiplayer with your shared Gold membership. Her account does not become a full gold member. So she will not get the free Games with Gold, nor does she benefit from the special
    Gold deals. You are sharing Gold to a console, not an account. So the console can only allow players to participate in Multiplayer matches and Party chat.

And just to be 100% sure: Check that you haven't accidentally changed the Home Console to a different console.

Sign in with your account to your wife's console, and check that it's still set as your Home Console.
  8. RocNrolla Win User

Question about shared gold account on two xbox ones

Set console 1 as HOME console.....anyone can play on this console (wife and Kids) without you being signed in (gold Account)

Console 2... If you are signed in (Gold account) on this xbox your wife and kids can also play sharing your Gold features and games.

This is what I do when my two boys want to play each other on separate xbox's and the same game...

Console 1 (home Xbox) kid #1 signs in

Console 2 , I sign in (GOLD account), kid #2 signs in

they play together
  9. brandiesel1 Win User

DLC ?

Yes. Anyone that plays on the 360 that has the map packs will be able to use them. I buy all my map packs etc with my wife's silver account and I play them all with my gold account on the same xbox. The only thing that can't be shared is avatar stuff.
  10. Brother Chaotic Win User

Two XBox consoles?

You can also share digital games this way. This is how I play games with my wife with 2 xboxes and 1 gold account. Just wish I could use 1 disc instead of having to buy the game digitally or 2 physical copies.
Thema:

1. Wife can't share xbox gold to play game - Similar Threads - Wife can't share

2. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  3. Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...: As the question states, I recently bought my wife an Xbox Series X. I changed my account to be home xbox on her account so that she can get access to Game Pass Ultimate like she had on her Xbox...
  4. How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?: The accountis mine, I never added their info to it but it shows and I can't delete it. 26282d4b-fe86-4cb1-bf8d-46467f22d91b
  5. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  6. Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release: Bought it on my account I can play the campaign but my wife can’t really don’t want to pay for it 2 times ad12f14e-5063-4e11-a94a-1e68224f190d
  7. So I have my gamer tag and I have my wife’s on it to now and I wanted to know if I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I have my gamer tag and I have my wife’s on it to now and I wanted to know if I need to...: One Xbox two gamer tags with different emails does it need one or two subs to game pass to get access d4169303-fcd8-468f-9f65-123aad0c3d39
  8. My wife and I share my gamepass ultimate, but she can't play gta 5 online on her profile...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife and I share my gamepass ultimate, but she can't play gta 5 online on her profile...: My wife and I both have our own consoles and share gamepass ultimate through my profile. Today, we were wanting to play gta 5 online, because we were bored of our usual go- to games, but when...
  9. Can't seem to share Game Pass Ultimate with my wife

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to share Game Pass Ultimate with my wife: Good morning, I have a xbox game pass ultimate subscription. I've added my wife's xbox gametag account in my family settings, both on windows 10 and online in the account.microsoft.com/family...
  10. I can't share xbox insanity with my wife...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't share xbox insanity with my wife...: Hello, i purshased insanity for xbox fitness on my second xbox one with my profile, i can play on both console but not my wife. When she try to launch insanity on her console, it's like she has to...