Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??

Discus and support Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't understand why my ping is so bad. I have a new gen series s less than a year old and my ping is over 200. While the old gen xbox which is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jake Coppess, May 22, 2024.

1. Jake Coppess
    Jake Coppess Guest

I don't understand why my ping is so bad. I have a new gen series s less than a year old and my ping is over 200. While the old gen xbox which is farther away than the router and is over 6 years old has significantly better ping than mine. About 110. How do I fix this?

:)

Jake Coppess, May 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jake, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. smo69 Win User

Lag.......Or.........Lag comp.THAT....is the question

[View:http://speedtest.net/result/2349021287.png]

[View:http://speedtest.net/result/2349027368.png]

are these numbers any good?
    Those speeds are comparable to mine, but your ping is much higher than mine. You're ranging about 50-60 ping. I get about 8-10 ping, which is why I probably used to pull host so often. I took care of that.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Latency on xbox series s is a lot more than on the laptop

ignore the xbox tests, they are a burst ping test to a server in central US, it will always read high on that. the ping will be a little higher than your pc as it is going though xbox network first.

and speedtest.net does a test to a close by server which is why it will be lower.
  5. nrgizer36 Win User

just showing off my connection

Whatever my ping is usually 12 - 15 , never any higher than that !!!! living in Seattle with comcast !!!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Please help with ping/latency on Xbox

Hi,

The speed test is just a general test to the Microsoft server. The fact that it's higher (potentially a lot higher) than the ping you get from an internet speed test site should be of no real concern. Do you suffer lag in online games?

I can't explain why it's higher now than what why it was before. It maybe that the location of the test server is now further away than what it was before. The 'ping' measured in milliseconds (ms) is more about distance than speed.

No matter how good and how fast your internet connection is, connecting to a server hundreds of miles away from your location will always get a higher ping than one from a few miles away.

That does not mean that a high ping on the test means that you'll now have a high ping when playing online. Most gaming services you use to play with others online on Xbox Live are not even run by Microsoft. For example, all of EA's online games run off EA servers.
Thema:

1. Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox?? - Similar Threads - Whys ping much

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ping & Speeds Off on Xbox Series X: I'm trying to play multiplayer on MCC, and its telling me my ping to too high. When I test my connection using the "Test network speed & statistics" on Xbox settings, it's giving me 45-55ms ping...
  4. Whys isn’t my Xbox voice chat working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whys isn’t my Xbox voice chat working?: I was playing rocket league when suddenly my Xbox kept forcing me to game chat on discord and Xbox party’s and I cant even speak in games, has my voice chat been banned or is it a bug?...
  5. I own the pre order but can’t play the campaign whys it like this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own the pre order but can’t play the campaign whys it like this: Call of duty mw3 not letting me play my pre order campaign I already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it 5 times and resented my Xbox one? 5ca6b30b-722c-4355-9ed6-2d69a2fe05c7
  6. Whys isn't my home screen isn't changing after joining Xbox update preview

in XboX Insiders
    Whys isn't my home screen isn't changing after joining Xbox update preview: A week ago, I was interested of getting the new Xbox dashboard and I got the delta version and update my console and waited and just curious how long will it for my dashboard to change. I haven't...
  7. Whys my xbox suddenly incapable of installing only one game inparticular

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whys my xbox suddenly incapable of installing only one game inparticular: I found it absolutely ridiculous that my xbox cant be properly maintained by xbox themselves to not have issues like this, Im trying to play my physical copy of minecraft (a 13 year old game) but...
  8. Whys my account have a random GT linked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whys my account have a random GT linked: When Iog into my Microsoft account a random gamer tagg comes up and mines not linked to it even tho it's the correct details my GT Is registered to b993b48f-43c6-4fa5-ab35-393126004885
  9. Whys is the Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 app SO BAD

in XBoX on Windows
    Whys is the Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 app SO BAD: Honestly im disappointed in microsoft. This app has been in "beta" for years now and its honestly pathetic. It constantly crashes. You cant uninstall games properly and need too delete it yourself...
  10. Whys my 10 play not working on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whys my 10 play not working on Xbox: 10 play not working on X box 3d60bdbd-a2e6-4fc9-abfa-2f47c36e739c