Why you don't release Minecraft Story Mode?

Discus and support Why you don't release Minecraft Story Mode? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings. We the fans of the Telltale Games are a little sad that the games of Minecraft Story Mode are not available at the stores. Yes, we know... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jack Cabrero, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Jack Cabrero
    Jack Cabrero Guest

Greetings.

We the fans of the Telltale Games are a little sad that the games of Minecraft Story Mode are not available at the stores. Yes, we know Telltale went bankrupt and some games vanished from the stores. But times have changed, now there is a new Telltale, although that doesn't matter, you could just publish the games yourselves. Every time you ask them, they say the rights reverted to Mojang Studios, so that means XBOX Games as well, and Microsoft, just like the actual Minecraft game itself.

Take the example of Skybound with The Walking Dead, and Gearbox with Tales from the Borderlands. To be honest, I don't know what its stopping you from releasing the game. Why haven't you done it already?

I hope that someone that works for XBOX Games read this feedback and can send it to the appropriate people to consider it.

Thanks.

:)

Jack Cabrero, Nov 2, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

right, whoever they have answering their email doesn't understand the difference. They purchased a right to make Minecraft games for X number of years, and when that contract expired, they no longer had the right to distribute the game.

if you had to turn over the game that you made at the end of your license, so they can continue to profit from it without you, well I seriously doubt people would make licensed games

You see this happen every year with sports titles. They only buy the rights to the music and the celebrities in the game for a certain number of years, and after that they can no longer distribute the game. Grand theft auto 4 took a whole bunch of music out of the radio stations, and old wrestling games aren't coming back for the same reason
  3. Jack Cabrero Win User

The worst part of all is that if you want to play the game, and you didn’t have the luck to purchase it when it was available, the only way to do it is through piracy. Because there is no legal way to purchase the game now, this is exactly why they should release the game.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Jack C, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration and appreciate your passion for Telltale games. However, the availability of Minecraft: Story Mode in stores is not something I control or decide.

Minecraft: Story Mode was removed from all game stores on June 25, 2019 due to the bankruptcy and sale of Telltale Games. Although Telltale Games has been revived under new management, the rights to certain games did not necessarily revert to them. In the case of Minecraft: Story Mode, the rights reverted to Mojang Studios.

The decision to relaunch Minecraft: Story Mode would involve many considerations, including but not limited to rights negotiations, technical issues, and market demand. These decisions are made by the appropriate teams within Mojang Studios and Microsoft.

However, I will do my best to get your suggestions into the system!

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

that doesn't work, as the game runs on the telltale engine and not the Minecraft engine

The similarities only goes surface deep

Like unfortunately there is a great deal of legal issues that we need to be ironed out. The rights to the actual game did not transfer to Mojang, only Telltales license to the franchise ran out
  6. Murauer Fabian Win User

I would also be happy if the games were back. I only played once enter part on Netflix a few years ago and would now also like to play this completely on the PC.
Thema:

1. Why you don't release Minecraft Story Mode? - Similar Threads - Why don't release

2. Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers: I know it's not my problem with this my xbox working fine and other app working fine Internet connection fine but my games sometimes take long time to download and sometimes stops without any...
  3. I don't know why my controller does this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why my controller does this.: I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't...
  4. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  7. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  8. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  9. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  10. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why: i have tried switching the batteries and using a usb-c cable but it did not work tried connecting it to my laptop however nothing i have tried works c6b67020-1343-4433-8f46-f38518b5101c