Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?

Discus and support Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So suddenly out of nowhere my xbox series s controller buttons will not respond or do anything. However, for some reason, only the xbox button and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CaydenShilhanek, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?

So suddenly out of nowhere my xbox series s controller buttons will not respond or do anything. However, for some reason, only the xbox button and the left and right triggers and the left (and presumably right) stick work at all. I did a power cycle on the controller, but it would not power back on unless I removed the batteries and put them back in. I even tried using the controller on my pc for a game and the buttons still did not work at all. Literally an hour ago it worked fine but I come back and suddenly only three things on the controller work. I do not understand. I power cycled it, I even updated it on my pc and I plugged it in to the console and still nothing. Please could I get some answer on this I have tried everything.

:)

CaydenShilhanek, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series S controller. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like there may be a hardware issue with the controller. Let's work on this together in finding the best possible solution to this problem

I recommend trying a few troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue:

1. Try resetting the controller by pressing the small button on the back of the controller with a paperclip or similar object.

2. Try using a different set of batteries or a rechargeable battery pack to see if that resolves the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard back from you for 72 hours, so we assume your issue has been resolved. We will not monitor this thread in the future, so if you need more help, double-click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

respectfully

Leonardo_Y
  4. Rich Palmer 69 Win User

Logitech Steering Wheel Not working after update

I updated my xbox series S in anticipation of some driving over xmas, went to play today and the controller works on the xbox screens but as soon as I open a game (Project Cars 2, or even something non driving), the G920 stops responding and I get the "Controller disconnected screen", and from then on it only responds to the wireless hand controller. If I hit the Microsoft button on the wheel it takes me back and I can navigate around the xbox screens, but not in games.
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
Thema:

1. Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond? - Similar Threads - Why series controller

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  4. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  7. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  8. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  9. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  10. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...