Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp?

Discus and support Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why does it keep creating these foulders? What is the reason for not being allowed to select the disk and install in a custom foulders that i want?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rafael Espada, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp?

Why does it keep creating these foulders? What is the reason for not being allowed to select the disk and install in a custom foulders that i want? what kind of level of incompetence is this? and why do i need permission do delete tthose files when im the admin?

Its faster to reinstall the windows instead of giving permission to me the admin to be able to delete the foulders. im literally done with this app

:)

Rafael Espada, Jan 21, 2024
  2. Rafael Espada Win User

Windows is installed in Disk C and when i select the installation location to Disk D it creates Windowsapp,Program Files, Xboxgames foulders, i dont want the foulders random in Disk D without any kind of organization, i want to install the xbox app in a custom foulder inside Disk (D), How hard is to to be able to install Xbox app and games wherever i want just like any other gaming launcher?

Tell me a way on how to get xboxgames,windowsapp, program file all inside the costum foulder that i want, i really dont understand the necessity to create these useless foulders when installing a game.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

these folders are part of the Xbox app and will be re-created.

These files are protected from tampering. You can designate the drive-in folder you want to install do, but the drive still needs to be formatted NTFS with 4 kB clusters
  4. Rafael Espada Win User

How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?

i dont want the windowsapp and program file randomly in DISK D I WANT ORGANIZATION AND I WANT THEM INSIDE A COSTUM FOLDER, HOW HARD IS FOR MICROSFT TO UNDERSTAND AND IMPLEMENT SUCH SIMPLE THING? DIDNT MICROSOFT CREATE WINDOWS? HOW THE F ARE YOU GUYS SO LIMITED? bro i swear, windows is installed in DISK C, xbox app autmatic install in DISK C, i change game installation location to DISK D and it creates these foulders Windows App and Program File. Now that we are at it, when im installing a game in DISK D it is also taking space from DISK C explain this
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Xbox app won't launch games

Try to create another folder on the Program Files directory. Like C:\Program Files\XboxGames. Just make sure it's inside Program Files.
  6. Zach.1 Win User

File system error (-2015294512) Among Us

I download Townscaper on my main HDD and still had this same issue. I ran the troubleshoot for Windows apps and it couldn't identify the problem.

I noticed when I chose the location for the game Townscaper. That it created a new location named C:\XboxGames in my main HDD. However when I click on the file it was empty. The game was actually C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, but I never chose that location. Could this be the issue?
Thema:

1. Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp? - Similar Threads - Why app creates

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  4. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  5. Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?: So the only way I can really explain this issue is that I am able to see the bundle on the Xbox PC app but not on my console. When I go to "My games & apps" on the PC app I am able to see the...
  6. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  7. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  8. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why can't I start or create parties on Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I start or create parties on Xbox app?: For some reason I can't create or join parties on Xbox app. 13245808-1897-42fc-bb2e-82d4e0be7425