Why would Microsoft change my warranty date?

Discus and support Why would Microsoft change my warranty date? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased an XBOX series X on Dec 26 2022. I had a recent issue with it and submitted a warranty repair and it was dispatched to Germany and back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MikeBaker, Dec 23, 2023.

1. MikeBaker
    MikeBaker Guest

I purchased an XBOX series X on Dec 26 2022.

I had a recent issue with it and submitted a warranty repair and it was dispatched to Germany and back again.

I've logged on to the portal and now the warranty expiry for that devices has been brought forward by 5 days.

anyone experienced this, what would invoke such a change?

Why would Microsoft change my warranty date? [​IMG]

:)

MikeBaker, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Mike.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I personally had a somewhat similar experience where the warranty expiration date did not match my purchase proof, and it appeared to be expired. I contacted support, explained the issue, and submitted my document. After waiting a few days, they updated the warranty expiration date for me.

So, I recommend contacting them to have your expiration date updated.

I hope this information is helpful.

Although you've probably already contacted support, here's the link for your reference.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller Warranty Expired Already Before Opening?

hence why you by new goods from a retailer not ebay, when you purchase from a retailer microsoft can change the warranty status to reflect your purchase date on your receipt.
  4. HassanB Win User

Game stop receipt?!

It's alright, yeah, that would be correct. If there was some sort of a warranty dispute based on the date that's listed on the Microsoft website you would have to send in a picture (image attached to an e-mail) to a Microsoft e-mail so they can validate
    the warranty.

This is something that would only need to be done if there was some sort of a warranty dispute. If the dates are showing up correctly then there's absolutely no reason in doing so.
  5. Panno92 Win User

2 year warranty for Xbox One S -1TB

I explained what microsoft does and why the warranty on the site does not match with the real purchase date.

I know that the warranty start from the date of the purchase, but if you buy the console (or other accessories) from an external retailer and not directly from Microsoft you will probably see a registration date before the date of your purchase, this is
    because after some time Microsoft automatically register the console even if it is still in a shop or in a warehouse.

When this happen the only way to have a correct registration date (and a real 2 year warranty) is to directly contact Xbox Support with a valid prof of the purchase.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX ONE X (nuova o usata?)

Hi Baldi79

The seller you bought it from on Amazon likely bought it themselves on 04/04/2019 which is why when registered it shows the warranty expires on 04/04/2020. The 1-year limited manufacturer warranty starts when the console is processed from whatever store
    it is bought from. Since it is common to buy items from a third party seller on Amazon, it's common to get a console who's warranty started at a sooner date than when you actually purchased the console from Amazon since the seller you bought it from purchased
    it before you did from a different retailer. The date you see on the Microsoft site is the correct date and would cannot be changed. Any questions you have about the console or when it's warranty was activated, you should contact Amazon or the seller you purchased
    the console from.
Thema:

1. Why would Microsoft change my warranty date? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft change

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  4. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  5. Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?: The servers are down so the flight sim gives the message that I need to quit and install the offline content. But it is already installed. I tried removing and re-installing it but the game is...
  6. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  7. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  8. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  9. Why is it so difficult to change my xbox email this is absolutely ridiculous I hate Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so difficult to change my xbox email this is absolutely ridiculous I hate Microsoft: Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change email on Xbox account this is b.s 6fe5723d-8540-4aba-8603-3127ecc74124
  10. Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account: Please respond, I would like to know why I couldn't change my xbox accounts Microsoft account to my new Microsoft account. 5e85eac8-5fa4-4bbb-9b80-b24b64f841e7