Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?

Discus and support Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My xbox says that my captures have been uploaded to the xbox network, however, i check the xbox mobile app and it does not show the newly uploaded... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by steve minecraft, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?

My xbox says that my captures have been uploaded to the xbox network, however, i check the xbox mobile app and it does not show the newly uploaded captures, and it also shows ones that i deleted from the network, then i go back to check my xbox console and that now says that they have not been uploaded, its’s been like this for a couple days now and signing out of the xbox mobile app and uninstalling and reinstalling it both haven’t helped

:)

steve minecraft, Apr 24, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Steve. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Kindly check if there is a pending system update for the console.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update,

Solution 3: Try setting up manual DNS settings.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

If the same issue persists, other players are experiencing the same issue right now. Although there is no official announcement yet about the issue. Let's wait until it gets fixed, you can also provide feedback about it using the Report a Problem app which you can download by doing the steps below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Store.

Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.

Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  4. LeviW2 Win User

Xbox gaming captures fails (again) to delete my Xbox live captures

I do own the app. Captures will not delete from there either.

The captures also do a cycle where it shows all the “deleted attempts” and won’t delete, then it’ll show no old clips I’m trying to delete (it’ll show any recent clips I’ve tried to add) and that’s when it allows me to upload. It also will show all my old clips and screenshots and when I go into recently captures, it shows the most recently added captures to Xbox live. Right now, it is showing 101 clips and when I click on recently captures, it shows the 4 I managed to slip on to Xbox live only. It’ll eventually revert to the 101 clips and not show the most recent ones.
  5. Argontheos Win User

Game DVR - Audio and Visual out of Sync

Open the Upload app, go to My Captures, highlight the video thumbnail, and hit the menu button. Choose Delete.

Or open the Upload app, My Captures, select Manage from the left-hand tab, and select multiple thumbnails at once, and then choose Delete.
  6. LKgomez Win User

unable to upload captures of some games on xbox companion app win 10

i can upload captures normally for most of the games i have but there are some games that the xbox companion app doesn't upload, like Mass Effect 1 and Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster, using the xbox companion beta i was able to upload captures of these games
    but now microsoft has disabled permanently the option to upload captures using the xbox companion beta. So my question is, why the xbox companion app don't upload captures and clips of this particular games? and if there is a way to solve it?
    yes
Thema:

1. Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures? - Similar Threads - Why won’t app

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...