Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

Discus and support Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mfsnack, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Mfsnack
    Mfsnack Guest

Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update broke this feature, but we for sure need an option to select the input device for party chats. I shouldn't be hearing party audio out of my Bluetooth speakers, and having my microphone only be available out of my phone, with no options for background sound reduction. Every single other app on my phone automatically uses the Bluetooth microphone. I've followed every guide that's been posted here. We need a fix for this. Some of us don't have access to a console microphone.

:)

Mfsnack, Jul 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. I believe that this is something to be a feature limitation with their mobile app. I would highly recommend that you instead provide or give a feedback directly to Team Xbox so they can properly look into this matter. You may provide your feedback by going to your Xbox app mobile > Profile > Settings > Give feedback.

Best regards,
  3. iTsFx Win User

Xbox App on Android Will not use microphone from headphones

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue with the Xbox App not using the microphone from your Bluetooth headphones on your Android device:

Check Permissions: Make sure that the Xbox App has permission to access your microphone. You can check this in your Android device settings, under "Apps & notifications" and then "App permissions". Find the Xbox App and make sure that the microphone permission is enabled.

Restart Devices: Try restarting both your Android device and your Bluetooth headphones. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

Clear App Cache: Clearing the app cache can help fix issues with apps on Android devices. You can do this in your Android device settings, under "Apps & notifications" and then "See all apps". Find the Xbox App and select "Storage & cache", then select "Clear cache".

Reinstall the App: If the above steps don't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App on your Android device. This can help resolve any issues with the app.

Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify any issues with the app or your Bluetooth headphones.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox party chat ?

Hi, GWLADYS my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

There are several options for Xbox party chat without wearing a traditional headset:

Speakers and Microphone:

Connect a USB microphone and external speakers or soundbar to your Xbox. This provides a hands-free option with decent audio quality, but microphone placement is crucial to avoid picking up background noise.

Bluetooth Headset with Audio Out:

Some Bluetooth headsets offer dual audio out, allowing you to connect them to your Xbox via Bluetooth for voice chat and your TV via an audio cable for game audio. This can be a comfortable option, but check headset compatibility.

Microsoft Wireless Adapter for Stereo Headphones:

This adapter connects your TV's optical audio output to your Xbox controller, enabling wireless game audio reception on most stereo headphones. While not strictly party chat, you can use the controller microphone or a separate USB microphone connected to the Xbox for voice chat.

Discord App on Mobile:

Download the Discord app on your phone, join your friends' server, and connect to the voice chat. Use your phone's speaker or headphones for audio and the built-in microphone or separate headphones for chatting. This option involves additional device usage but offers flexibility and access to wider Discord communities.

Xbox Remote Play:

If you have a PC or laptop with a good microphone and speakers, use the Xbox Remote Play app to stream your Xbox to your PC. You can then use the PC's audio and microphone for party chat and game audio. This requires a strong internet connection for good streaming quality.

Considerations:

Microphone quality: Regardless of the option you choose, prioritize a decent microphone to ensure clear voice chat with your friends.

Background noise: Be mindful of background noise in your environment and position your microphone accordingly for better voice clarity.

Latency: Bluetooth connections can sometimes introduce audio latency, so consider wired options if lag is a concern.

Ultimately, the best option for you depends on your budget, preference for comfort, and the audio setup you already have. Try out different options and see what works best for your gaming experience!

I hope this information helps!
  5. OftKilted Win User

Perfect gaming headphones for Xbox one

For sound isolation, I recommend either closed-back over the ear, or in-ear style earbuds.

The Xbox Controller with 3.5mm adapter and the Xbox Controller Stereo Adapter are both able to use standard Android earbud style headphones and maintain microphone compatibility. (the iPhone compatible headsets aren't compatible with the microphone)

If you are looking for inexpensive earbud style, thewirecutter has a nice article here on cheap in-ear headphones:

The Wirecutter: The Best Cheap In-Ear Headphones to Replace Your Stock Earbuds ( http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-headphones-under-40/ )

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the site above linked site.
  6. MauroTheOwner Win User

Controller doesn’t recognise my Headset

What brand are they? for example those of iphone doesn’t recognize the microphone or have you tried others?
    I tried my Qware and Turtle Beach headsets and some Samsung headphones. Also can i use microsoft wireless headphones for the Xbox then? Those are from microsoft but they are wireless.
Thema:

1. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone? - Similar Threads - Why won't app

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  7. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  8. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  9. Why won't my apps install, but my games will?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my apps install, but my games will?: I can't install apps, only games. Brand new series s 1c4a169a-ed60-41fe-8dbd-910a0024cac9
  10. Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?: I've connected both xboxes multiple times now and when I go back later neither one is connected. 9116af94-6724-4f26-9e3a-836b7d251f9a