Why won't the controller stay connected?

Discus and support Why won't the controller stay connected? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this ,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by david wujek, Apr 20, 2024.

1. david wujek
    david wujek Guest

I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left

:)

david wujek, Apr 20, 2024
  2. david wujek Win User

I have a xbox one s. I have updated, soft reset, hard reset, controller and Xbox. I don't have another controller. I saw there were similar problems and so I followed the suggestions on those posts. I'll get a few hours of play time then it just stops staying connected. It's rather frustrating as I only get so much time to enjoy my games since becoming a parent.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, David. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

However, I find it appropriate to ask some questions:

— Do you have this problem on Xbox, or PC?

— If it's on Xbox, what console do you have?

— If it's on a PC, does your PC run Windows 10 or 11, and do you have this difficulty after connecting the controller via Bluetooth or wired?

— Do you have the same outcome after connecting another controller to the affected device?

— What potential solutions have you tried to fix this issue?
    Please describe each one.

I'll look forward to hearing your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, David. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Not only that, but based on the information you provided, it's likely a hardware issue with your Xbox and not the controller.

Before concluding that, I think worth testing with another controller as soon as you're able to do it. That way, if the issue persists, this means it's the Xbox.

However, just in case you didn't try, and to discard an issue with the OS, you can try performing an offline update on your console.

This potential fix requires a USB drive and a PC to transfer the files to it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Controller won't stay connected

Hey there Pig!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your controller.

If I were you and if you haven't tried this yet, then I would suggest trying out the steps here on our support page entitled

Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller.
    It has a pathway specifically for if your controller disconnects randomly.

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped out.

Much Thanks !
  6. REK 1 Win User

Controller won't stay connected

UNPLUG POWER to CONSOLE and wait 2 mins, now plug a MICRO USB cable into controller and into console, now plug power back in , turn on and see if controller stays on with it plugged into console with MICRO USB. Also try to change batteries and test
Thema:

1. Why won't the controller stay connected? - Similar Threads - Why won't controller

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  5. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  6. I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...: It seems to me that if the batteries are rechargeable, they should be able to be recharged while installed in the controller. I don't understand, other than greed, why Xbox would require the use...
  7. Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't windows 11 install Xbox controller drivers?: I have a Windows 11 PC and it will not update the controller driver. When I plug in a controller it shows up in device manager with the little yellow icon that shows there is a problem and when I...
  8. Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Elite 2 controller Connect to Xbox One?: Hi. I recently bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller. It was purchased new. It connects to my PC, but won't connect to the Xbox One in the house. Sometimes it connects and I can make 2 clicks...
  9. Why won't my controller respond

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my controller respond: I got the elite series 2 controller and iv Sync it to my Xbox, it will not respond. e8f54c9e-b27b-40ee-a619-e67d96e922b7
  10. why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't fifa 23 controller settings save?: When i'm playing fifa I can't save controller settings on second account. one account lets me change settings (auto/manual shot assist, player lock, etc) but the other goes back to what it...