Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

Discus and support Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BeadyCash29, Dec 23, 2023.

1. BeadyCash29
    BeadyCash29 Guest

Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had the same issue. I’ve factory reset the device AND done power cycles. This issue has been going on forever and I’ve made no progress on fixing it. The only option I’ve heard is to get it serviced but the warranty is way past expiration and I’m not trying to fork out $300.

:)

BeadyCash29, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any power cycles.

Hello BeadyCash29,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration you're experiencing with your Xbox Series X not detecting Wi-Fi networks. Connectivity issues can be quite vexing, but let's troubleshoot this together to help resolve the issue in a timely manner.

If we may ask, when did the issue start? Has there been any changes with the connection or with the device before this issue happened?

For the meantime, here are some steps you can try:

- Refresh Network List:

- Go to Settings > General > Network settings > Set up wireless network.

- From the "Choose a connection" screen, press the X button to refresh the list of available networks.

- Restart Your Networking Devices:

- Turn off your modem, router, and any other networking devices.

- Wait for a few minutes, then turn them back on.

- Once your home network's Internet connection is restored, power on your Xbox Series X and check if it detects your Wi-Fi network.

- Restart Your Console:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide.

- Navigate to Profile & System > Power.

- Choose Restart console.

- After the restart, check if the Wi-Fi issue persists.

- Check Distance from the Router:

- Ensure that your Xbox Series X is not too far away from the router. Weak signals due to distance can cause connectivity problems.

- Factory Reset with Game Data Preservation:

- If none of the above steps work, consider doing a factory reset while keeping your games and apps intact:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Choose Reset console and select Keep Games and Apps.

- Sign in again after the reset and see if the Wi-Fi issue is resolved.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any power cycles.

Hello BeadyCash29,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Ck3313 Win User

My Xbox Series X|S cannot connect to the internet with error code: 0x00000000002000000

I have already factory reset my Xbox and can’t log back in because it is unable to connect to a wifi network.

The router is next to the Xbox so it is in range and all other devices are able to connect.

In other words, the network is functional but the Xbox cannot detect it nor connect to the internet via Ethernet cable (it says that it is connected but won’t download, or communicate my Microsoft account).

Prior to the factory reset, I was unable to run any network diagnostic tests on a wired connection and attempting them while connecting wirelessly always resulted in the same error code.
  5. Jeremy_04_010 Win User

My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from the internet

I’ve brought my friends Xbox Series X round to my house, used the same wifi and I didn’t have any problems the whole day. I think it is my Xbox Series X with issues. What do I do? I have also tried switching wifi on my Xbox and it did nothing. This is really starting to irritate me, I’ve been kicked out of games at least 6 times today.
  6. Mrcreep91 Win User

my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

both the xbox’s were connected to the same internet, the one that worked was a series s the one didn’t was series x. yes, my console is up to date. i get kicked out of my games every 30 minutes..yes i am referring to factory resets.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any... - Similar Threads - Why won’t Series

2. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  3. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  5. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  6. why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv: okay so christmas is today and my mom had gotten me a new xbox series x. so i have 2 xboxs previously and i upgraded from a series s to x. so as i unplug the series s to plug in the x, that it...
  7. Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?: I just set up my new Xbox series s, and it won’t connect to store. It just says “something went wrong reload this page” nothing is working after multiple tries. I’ve tried the factory resets and...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  9. Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?: I’ve had it for 2 years an ive kept it in great condition. I just looked on other forums an someone said to connect to my hotspot and tried it. It worked but I still can’t get it to connect to my...
  10. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...