Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

Discus and support Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Renee Nelms, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Renee Nelms
    Renee Nelms Guest

My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to the wifi. I have already restarted the console to try and get it to connect.

:)

Renee Nelms, Apr 3, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Renee.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Based on what you've written, I believe there's no issue with the console. I understand that you have no trouble connecting other devices to your Wi-Fi, but the fact that the Xbox connects via hotspot leads me to think that the failed connection might be due to the router. I suggest resetting your modem, or at least you can simply try unplugging the modem's power for about a minute and then reconnect the console.

Below, I'm inserting the link to the official support page for Wi-Fi connection issues. In the "Wireless network troubleshooting" section, step 1 describes how to proceed correctly.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-wireless-connection

Of course, you'll also find many other procedures, but I believe this one could be the solution. I also recommend checking for firmware updates for the modem on the manufacturer's website.

I hope I've been helpful.

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  4. squishybug162 Win User

Xbox 360 profile won't download to my Xbox Series S

Hi, my Xbox Series S is connected to WiFi but I will try directly connecting it to my router. My games were installed directly to the Xbox Series S but I just bought a external SSD drive 5 minutes ago to move everything so I can have more room and incase i needed to reset my Xbox. Let's see if those changes will help. Otherwise I have nothing else connected to my Xbox Series S. I have no mobile hotspot currently.

-Shawn
  5. ToxicReaper9571 Win User

Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.

My Xbox won’t connect again to my mobile hotspot
  6. Anthony Casella Win User

Xbox 360 won't connect to internet without ethernet cable

What specifically would allow the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to connect while the built-in wifi would not?

My Xbox 360 S detects a wireless signal with 4 bars, and I am testing it while sitting it right next to the modem, so there is no issue with signal strength.

My Xbox 360 S's built-in wifi is able to connect to a hotspot, and it is even able to connect to my neighbor's wifi from my house.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot? - Similar Threads - Why won’t series

2. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv: okay so christmas is today and my mom had gotten me a new xbox series x. so i have 2 xboxs previously and i upgraded from a series s to x. so as i unplug the series s to plug in the x, that it...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  7. Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox series s connect to store?: I just set up my new Xbox series s, and it won’t connect to store. It just says “something went wrong reload this page” nothing is working after multiple tries. I’ve tried the factory resets and...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  9. Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my series x connect to my Wi-Fi but will connect to my hotspot?: I’ve had it for 2 years an ive kept it in great condition. I just looked on other forums an someone said to connect to my hotspot and tried it. It worked but I still can’t get it to connect to my...
  10. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...