Why wont my xbox download discs

Discus and support Why wont my xbox download discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox after it's most recent update stopped installing discs. I am trying to install my game but it always stops before finishing. It is a brand new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tribalknives, Aug 6, 2023.

1. tribalknives
    tribalknives Guest

My xbox after it's most recent update stopped installing discs. I am trying to install my game but it always stops before finishing. It is a brand new disc so this should not be happening. Can I recieve some help?

:)

tribalknives, Aug 6, 2023
  2. MoeZArts Win User

Why wont my disc not download

Hi Jake,

Do other discs work on your console?

Try the following solutions if none of your discs will play, or if you insert a disc and your console doesn't recognize it. If your Xbox Home screen tells you to insert a disc when a disc is already inserted, that means it doesn't recognize your
    disc. In these scenarios, there are two possible issues:

• The settings for instant-on power mode can render a small number of consoles unable to read discs.
    • The console's disc drive needs servicing.

Solution 1: If you use instant-on power mode, change power modes and power cycle the console

1. Press the Xbox button
      [​IMG]

to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > General >
      Power mode & startup.
    3. Select Power mode, and then select Energy-saving.
    4. Perform a "hard power cycle" by holding down the Xbox button
      [​IMG]

on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the
      Xbox button
      [​IMG]

on the console again to restart it.
    5. Try your disc again. Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognizes it. If the console can now read the disc, you can revert to instant-on power mode.

Follow the above steps if the problem happens again.

Solution 2: Request a repair

If the previous solution didn't fix the issue, your console will need a repair. Go to

Device service and repair
    to submit a service request. For more information, see

Getting your Xbox console or accessory serviced
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi tribalknives,

I’m Anirban and I’ll be happy to help you.

Is this only a specific disc or all disc are happening like this?

Kind regards
  4. HatchetmanBub Win User

L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one

Mines the same way l4d2 wont work fable 3 wont work on disc fallout 3 wont work on disc and none of my dvds new or classic wont work all 360 games that i have downloaded work perfectly but no disc works that i have tried
  5. nats087 Win User

backwards compatibility

Hi i'v just updated my xbox one this morning and iv cleaned the game discs and still wont download.
  6. Bruhhammer Win User

Assassins creed backwards compatibly

Yes the disc is spotless clean i dont know why it wont work other backwards compatible games from the original xbox and 360 work on it just not assassins creed. (Also the disc still works for my 360.)
Thema:

1. Why wont my xbox download discs - Similar Threads - Why wont download

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  6. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  7. Why wont my Xbox one download the new street fighter?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my Xbox one download the new street fighter?: Cant download new street fighter 5cc98d2c-16fd-45f7-93db-05b41127dc1f
  8. i own FM7 on disc but it wont let me download it i dont know why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i own FM7 on disc but it wont let me download it i dont know why?: It wont load the disc at all and when it does rarely the console throws a fit. 9428eace-61f3-48f7-9582-15a997fc577a
  9. Why wont it let me download mw2 on my pc when though i bought it on xbox? I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me download mw2 on my pc when though i bought it on xbox? I need help: So i bought the full 100$ version of modern warfare 2 and was wondering why it wont let me reinstall it 9d4e46c7-dc80-488f-9473-f3eeb8c86747
  10. I have bought diablo 4 but it wont even download, why ? Plus if i cant play it ill i get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought diablo 4 but it wont even download, why ? Plus if i cant play it ill i get my...: I bought diablo 4 for £89.99 to have early access but i cant even download the game let alone play it, will i get some form of compensation due to this error as i am not getting what i have paid...