Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi?

Discus and support Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had problems with my Xbox one for a while now with connecting to the wifi, it works on every other device but the Xbox. I've tried power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hinson87, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Hinson87
    Hinson87 Guest

So I've had problems with my Xbox one for a while now with connecting to the wifi, it works on every other device but the Xbox. I've tried power cycling, restarting the Xbox, etc. I troubleshoot it and it says its a hardware problem and my internets not connected, what do I do now, does that mean my Xbox is no good?

:)

Hinson87, Nov 29, 2023
  2. IRUNY3W Win User

Xbox one WiFi problem HELP

My xbox wont connect to my wifi but my phone and everything is goood
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Hinson87,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with connecting your Xbox One to your Wi-Fi network. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as a faulty network adapter, a corrupted system update, or a misconfigured network setting. To narrow down the issue, please try the following steps:

- Reset your network settings on your Xbox One. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart.

- You also try this: Go to Settings, Network > Network settings > Advance Settings
    On the screen, please select the Alternate port then change it to Manual.
    Then select the second port number on the list.

- Try connecting it to your network using a wired Ethernet connection to see if that works. If it does, then the issue is likely with the Wi-Fi adapter and you may need to send the console for repair. For the meantime, you may also want to use wired Ethernet connection.

We hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Aimeee_ Win User

WiFi connection

Hi Brad,

i can enter the password for the wifi then it will show the citcle loding as its connecting but it just wont connect. I have gone through all the guides on the xbox website but to no avail. My phone however is still connected to the wifi
  5. elP4N50N Win User

INCORRECT PASSWORD?

I accidently misspelled my husbands password on his xbox one and now it wont let me sign in and wont read the wifi connection.. Can anyone help???
  6. dAkainub Win User

You'll need the internet for this. Paradox

let me start again I tried connecting controller via usb cable but it wont sync I googled the problem and apparently the solution is to update the controller but im unable to do so because my xbox is not connected to internet even through ethernet cable
    im not sure why .

without working controller I cant connect to wifi and without wifi I cant update my controller so basically I cannot do anything
Thema:

1. Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi? - Similar Threads - Why wont connect

2. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  3. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  5. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  6. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  7. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  8. Why wont my xbox connect to xbox servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox connect to xbox servers: My wifi is working perfectly and i Am connected but it wont connected to xbox server, i can get on Netflix and different other apps but I can’t go online see my friends list join party or play...
  9. Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?: ever since I got my new wifi I've been having problems. My Xbox won't connect to the new wifi saying stuff like "incorrect password or incorrect network name" I've checked soo many times trying to...
  10. Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection: I hook my Xbox one s up to Ethernet and it runs properly the games run and the apps load but anytime I attempt to update any game or app it sits around 1% the whole time and just says queued and...