Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?

Discus and support Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ever since I got my new wifi I've been having problems. My Xbox won't connect to the new wifi saying stuff like "incorrect password or incorrect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artemis SII, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Artemis SII
    Artemis SII Guest

Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?

ever since I got my new wifi I've been having problems. My Xbox won't connect to the new wifi saying stuff like "incorrect password or incorrect network name" I've checked soo many times trying to see if it was the correct wifi and password still won't let me connect as well when using the wired connection it will let me play online but won't let me join friends parties and when I do join it will stay stuck on connecting and then finally kick me out. I have already checked the NAT type was on open then randomly switched to unavailable can't figure out how to change the NAT type, already hard reset the router and Xbox to factory settings, worked a little bit, and already turned on UPnP still won't work.

:)

Artemis SII, Jul 15, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'll do my best to help.

If you've already factory reset your console, I believe that the issue here is with your network connection or network devices. Since it's new, your modem/router may be configured incorrectly. I would suggest that you perform a factory reset on your modem/router as well to reset its configuration. You may refer to its manual or ask assistance from your ISP.

Best regards,
  3. J4CK5P Win User

My wifi doesn't work

I had this issue with my WIFI a few months back, Im with Virgin and sometimes for some reason the WIFI seems fine but it wont be visible or able to connect to my XBox via a wireless connection. I got around this by wiring my xbox to the router and letting
    it connect that way for an hour or so and then when I unplugged it, it seemed to be able to connect wirelessly again.
  4. LoftyBoii Win User

My Xbox won't connect to Live, but it connects to the internet.

i use WiFi i can connect to the network and internet but wont connect to xbox live? been doing this for 2 days and now it wont let me download the new update?....
  5. Jav0r Win User

Ethernet or Wi-Fi

I use wire as well, when it was connected to WiFi the connection was iffy on my xbox
  6. mitchcraft1980 Win User

Keep getting disconnected when in party chat

I use a wired connection all the time and sometimes restarting my xbox and router will help when i cant even join party chat to begin with but it doesnt stop me from getting booted off of live as soon as someone else joins the chat later
Thema:

1. Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection? - Similar Threads - Why wont connect

2. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  3. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  5. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  6. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  7. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  8. Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox connect to the wifi?: So I've had problems with my Xbox one for a while now with connecting to the wifi, it works on every other device but the Xbox. I've tried power cycling, restarting the Xbox, etc. I troubleshoot...
  9. Why wont my xbox connect to xbox servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox connect to xbox servers: My wifi is working perfectly and i Am connected but it wont connected to xbox server, i can get on Netflix and different other apps but I can’t go online see my friends list join party or play...
  10. Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection: I hook my Xbox one s up to Ethernet and it runs properly the games run and the apps load but anytime I attempt to update any game or app it sits around 1% the whole time and just says queued and...