Why wont my xbox app open on desktop?

Discus and support Why wont my xbox app open on desktop? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I try opening the Xbox app it shows the Xbox symbol with a black background and closes and I don't know why. d76b1e11-7cf3-4b9c-a401-9abad1e73937 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ParkerNoll, Apr 16, 2023.

1. ParkerNoll
    ParkerNoll Guest

I try opening the Xbox app it shows the Xbox symbol with a black background and closes and I don't know why.

:)

ParkerNoll, Apr 16, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. RichieB_ Win User

Why wont my xbox app open

4. RichieB_ Win User

Why wont my xbox app open

Hi Reeettrrrrrrrreeeeee Curtreeeeeee,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with the Xbox app. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue together.

First, can you confirm if you're receiving any error messages when you try to open the app? If so, please let me know what the error message says.

Next, have you tried clearing the cache of the Xbox app? Here's how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete and then try opening the Xbox app again.

If that doesn't work, let's try resetting the app. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Find the Xbox app and click on it.

4. Click on Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

Check the Xbox service if its up and running. To do this, follow the steps"

1. Windows key and R key on your keyboard in the same time to open the Run command.
    2. Type services.msc
    3. Look for Xbox service
    4. Right click go to properties
    5. Startup set it to Automatic
    6. Start the service by clicking the START option
    7. Apply and ok

If the issue still persists, you can try updating your graphics card drivers and Windows updates. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with apps.

Learn more: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps! We look forward for your respnse.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Halo Master chief collection error

Also, create a desktop shortcut for the game and run it from there: Open Xbox app, Right click on the game in the left border, select create a desktop shortcut.
  6. MB5656 Win User

Xbox app does not open in continnum for phones

why can't the Xbox s app work in continuum mode for windows phone? The app is grayed out and does not go into an desktop version of the app. Why does the Xbox app not work but Instagram, edge, photos, Groove music, and other apps work?
Thema:

1. Why wont my xbox app open on desktop? - Similar Threads - Why wont app

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  6. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  7. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  8. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  9. why wont my xbox app load ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why wont my xbox app load ?: I tried many "solutions" but none have worked i tried loading it up but it stuck on the Xbox loading screen just want to play forza 5 please help or get me refunded for the games!...
  10. Why wont my xbox app open

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my xbox app open: i have tried everything like repairing resetting uninstalling and reinstalling checking my region what else could i do 21a3c4ce-be29-4d47-85eb-b9b1a6bbb1fc