Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files?

Discus and support Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'd recently decided to revisit some of my older 360 games, and play through them once again, however, when it came to playing both L.A. Noire and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by indianawill1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. indianawill1
    indianawill1 Guest

I'd recently decided to revisit some of my older 360 games, and play through them once again, however, when it came to playing both L.A. Noire and Splinter Cell Blacklist: I ran into trouble.

I'd revisited L.A. Noire with the intention of completing the remainder of the achievements in the game, and had decided I would play some Co-Op with my friends on Splinter Cell.

Yet, when I visited both games, after selecting the Xbox hard drive (where the save files are stored) I was greeted by a new game screen on both Splinter Cell and L.A. Noire.

I'm unsure what to make of it, because there wasn't any sort of save file corruption message, and the save files are there and are allocated to my gamertag in the storage settings.

I'm completely frustrated by the whole thing, and am unsure what to do. I don't know if it's a problem with my Xbox, or something else.

Any advice or help would be highly appreciated, and I would be eternally grateful.

:)

indianawill1, Aug 18, 2015
  2. GTA V (Xbox 360) / GTA V (Xbox One)

Hey... I noticed when I transferred my character from GTA V Xbox 360 to Xbox One.. I noticed the progress I made in the Xbox One did not saved in GTA V Xbox 360... Is this like Two Separate Games? Like Money and such won't save but probably the stats will...
    But what do you guys think? Because on the Xbox 360 I like to play with my friend.. But on Xbox One.. I like to play alone for the mean while.. Managed to complete a lot of Contact Missions.. So, Here is the stats of Money.. Xbox 360: GTA at least $ 200.000
    and Xbox One: GTA at least $1.000.000.. So... Why? Why did not saved between the systems?

Dark Assassin7O, Aug 18, 2015
  3. My Xbox 360 won't run certain games?

So I recently bought a new Xbox 360, and I also bought the Borderlands games a while back (Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and the PreSequel, along with installation disks for the dlc for each game) but my xbox won't recognize any of the disks at all, but it
    runs every other disk just fine. The disks previously worked without any problems on my brother's xbox, and they've barely been used at all, and they're not scratched or damaged in any way. So I can't seem to find any reason for why they aren't working. Thank
    you so much in advance if you can help me in any way.

OverheadTurtle8, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Could be for a few reasons. The biggest one though is, if there are title updates to the game, some games don't bother updating your save files. For example, if the retail disc version of the game is v 1.0, and the latest update is 3.0, then your 1.0 save
    file won't be read or updated by the 3.0 version. Sometimes updates cause the game to only read saves from the last version. It's lazy, but it's the only way to keep file formats nice and tidy.

Irixion, Aug 19, 2015
  5. indianawill1
    indianawill1 Guest
    I'd just tried deleting the update and playing the game offline, but same problem. Do you know any other possible suggestions? Thanks.

indianawill1, Aug 20, 2015
  6. If you have a USB storage device, try moving the save file to that, and see if the game recognizes it that way.

StuartATrueRed, Nov 1, 2018
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

If you have a USB storage device, try moving the save file to that, and see if the game recognizes it that way.
  8. Irixion Win User

Could be for a few reasons. The biggest one though is, if there are title updates to the game, some games don't bother updating your save files. For example, if the retail disc version of the game is v 1.0, and the latest update is 3.0, then your 1.0 save
    file won't be read or updated by the 3.0 version. Sometimes updates cause the game to only read saves from the last version. It's lazy, but it's the only way to keep file formats nice and tidy.
  9. indianawill1 Win User

I'd just tried deleting the update and playing the game offline, but same problem. Do you know any other possible suggestions? Thanks.
  10. zMiseryBusiness Win User

Backwards compatibility/save games issue

Please remember this isnt JUST an issue with xbox one backwards compatibility. The Ms Splosion Man saves dont work on my 360 console either. Why would save files that are physically present on both my HDD and the cloud, not be used when starting up the
    game? Its like the game doesnt acknowledge that i have save files on my storage devices. Also, thr saves are connected to my zhalcyondays account, it says im the owner of the files. However with a game called The Splatters, there are no physical save files
    and there is nothing on thr cloud for this game, however i did 100% play this maybe 6 months ago on my xbox one, so where have thise save files gone?
  11. ME7ALHEAD666 Win User

GTA San Andreas BC+360 cloud saves

Hi! Just in order to avoid any confusion: Is your old save file for the Xbox 360 version of GTA San Andreas? Please keep in mind that although both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 version of this title work on the Xbox One, only the newer Xbox 360 version will
    be downloaded and therefore you can only use your old save game if you played the game for the Xbox 360 in the past.
    Yes my save file is on the Xbox 360 where I digitally purchased it from the store on my Xbox 360, I wouldn't expect them to be able to pull save files from OG Xbox!
Thema:

1. Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files? - Similar Threads - Why won't 360

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  7. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  8. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. Why won't my xbox status change from an xbox 360 game after I play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox status change from an xbox 360 game after I play it?: Hi, I had bought a lego Batman game since it was on sale for $4.99 at the time, once I installed it, everything went great. Once I got off the game, turned off my xbox, my friend had texted why I...