Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

Discus and support Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Debode2, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Debode2
    Debode2 Guest

I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s

:)

Debode2, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi Debode2! I'm more than happy to help you out!

Since the Microsoft Store app has an update issue, it may also affect your console software.

Please try to reset your console by doing the following steps:

Important: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

-Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    -Select Settings.
    -Select System.
    -Select Console info
    -Select Reset console.
    -Select Reset and keep my games & apps

Once you're done, please let me know if the Microsoft store update is successful.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. Voltren Xytech Win User

i have lost SO MUCH progress in games thanks to the zero warning system update

I do tend to use my Xbox one a lot, but as of the past few months its been.... a bit "wonky" my Xbox one S has the Microsoft store update problem, its where over time the Microsoft stores updates get more and more frequent until it reaches a point that it doesn't actually finish the updates at all, then the only solution that resets it is a factory reset, that ive done 3 times now

but right now I tend to use my Xbox for a few days, turn it off, switch my TV to my Switch or HBO max, and play/watch some shows, meanwhile my Xbox is supposed to update while im NOT using it but never does, it usually waits until the peak of activity on it to say "update time, screw whatever your doing" and when I DO remember console updates exist, they're usually either not here yet or dont show up at all in the "check for updates" area

personally, I think my Xbox is just on its last legs, I dont have the money to even replace it with the exact same system, let alone series S or X, so im hoping it can limp till march or April of 2022, I have to replace my phone in January then by March or April hopefully the series X will be in stock somewhere that its total wont go above $500 (without tax), and then ill get a series X, if its not in stock ill be stuck with a series S or one S
  4. Previous Crease Win User

External Storage with Xbox Series S

I’ve used the hard drives for my Xbox one but when I bought the hard drive, it said it was compatible for the series s.

The game I bought in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one. I was trying to play it on my series s.
  5. SamuelBazaldua Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

It says "Optimized for series X/S. IT should say "Only for series X/S. Why does Microsoft try to hide this with a little red circle popup note "not playable on this device" If it's not playable then keep it off my Game Pass ultimate and store

that I pay $16.99 monthly for.
  6. billy wolf Win User

Can’t download Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox S

There is a difference between the Xbox one S, and the S series..

And it wont run on a Xbox one S... That is total BS in my opinion..

But it is what it is.. Cheers
Thema:

1. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s - Similar Threads - Why wont microsoft

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  6. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  7. Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription: i bought game pass ultimate, and on the same day it re-charged me for game pass pc, then canceled itself, yet the money has still come out of my bank account for BOTH subscriptions, and they are...
  8. Why wont it let me leave microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont it let me leave microsoft family: Hey, ive been trying to leave microsoft family for about an hour now and I need every bit if help I can get. So the issue is: I don't have an option to leave microsoft family I don't have the...
  9. Why wont Microsoft email me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont Microsoft email me?: Microsoft wont send any email to my google based edu email address. It does not work for my security account and i cant even use it when I’m trying use it as contact email for unlocking the...
  10. Why wont my minecraft purchases sync with my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my minecraft purchases sync with my microsoft account: I've been trying to connect my microsoft acount to my switch to save my purchases on minecraft but my purchases won't transfer over any help solving this issue would be nice...