Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

Discus and support Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sophie Wood1, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Sophie Wood1
    Sophie Wood1 Guest

Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new headset AND controller thinking that could be it. No luck..any suggestions would be great! Thanks

:)

Sophie Wood1, Nov 3, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Sophie W, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your Xbox microphone. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox: Sometimes a simple restart can solve many problems.
    Switch to power saving mode in settings: Some users have reported that switching to power saving mode in Xbox settings can fix microphone issues.
    Check permissions in Xbox settings: Make sure your Xbox has the appropriate permissions to access the microphone.
    Verify your microphone through sign-in: Try verifying your microphone through sign-in.
    Unmute selected people: If only certain people can't hear you, you can try unmuting selected people.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  3. SamRough Win User

Communication ban Suspension

I can send messages but it won’t allow me to talk through mic
  4. Nick21013 Win User

Team Chat? Select Fire?

my mic doesn't work in game chat i try to talk to other players with mics and they can't hear me even though it shows my mic emitting noise next to my name. It works fine when im in parties though.
  5. BromptonSpade Win User

I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I can no dramas

who else can hear people talk and game audio but when you plug in your mic into game chat it doesn't pop up or let people hear me I've checked all in game audio settings and it's all on open mic threshold all lobby so on and so forth so what's the prolbem?
  6. xDSx xGhOsTx Win User

Account Reputation

Oh, and another thing, sorry haha if I'm too troublesome, but is it possible to check for me if I have a communications ban or something of that nature because I've tried four different mics and as of now all of them allow me to hear other players but won't
    let me talk to them, but when I use my Kinect I can, weird huh? Or and one of the mics worked for a couple weeks when the others didn't and then it did the same can hear but can't talk thing a couple of days ago.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players. - Similar Threads - Why won’t mic

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...