Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One

Discus and support Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired keyboard I like to use for my Xbox one, it has worked in the past fine but has started to give me issues as of late. Whenever I plug it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjamin Churchill, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One

I have a wired keyboard I like to use for my Xbox one, it has worked in the past fine but has started to give me issues as of late. Whenever I plug it in via usb the leds on the keyboard do light up but doesn’t register any of the key presses, I’ve been looking about for a while and can’t find any solution that works for me

:)

Benjamin Churchill, Aug 8, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Benjamin
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Could you do a test to see if your keyboard is working on another device? You can test on your PC or Notebook. If the keyboard is working I suggest you delete any and all information saved on your Xbox and install your keyboard again.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/mouse-keyboard

If you have further questions, please contact us again. Have a good day.
  3. Keona Corona Win User

Hi Benjamin,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulties with your keyboard. There could be several reasons why your keyboard is not working with your Xbox One. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to identify and resolve the issue:

1. Test the keyboard on a PC: To ensure the issue is not with the keyboard itself, connect it to a computer and see if it works there. If it works fine on the PC, the problem likely lies with the Xbox One.
    2. Check USB cable and connector: Inspect the USB cable and the connector for any physical damage. A damaged cable or connector could prevent proper communication between the keyboard and the console.
    3. Try a different keyboard: If possible, try a different keyboard to see if the problem persists. It could be that your current keyboard is faulty.
    4. Reset console settings: As a last resort, you can try resetting your Xbox One to factory settings. Be aware that this will erase all your settings and data, so back up your important information beforehand.
    5. Reboot the console or update your console
    If none of the above solutions work, there may be a more complex hardware issue with your console or your keyboard.
  4. Munir Eddeek Win User

I need help using my keyboard I’ve tried everything it worked on my Xbox one but not series s what do I do.

Ok so it’s wired an yes I’ve used it on my older Xbox One original an it worked but now it won’t my mouse works fine. My keyboard turns on an lights up but no buttons register. I’ve tried restarting my Xbox switching usb changing the language of my Xbox nothing works so it would be greatly appreciated if you knew.
  5. flynn Douglas Win User

My keyboard doesn’t work so

It was working yesterday and then I turned my Xbox off and tried to use it a couple of hour later and not was working but the mouse. But when I’m on games it says I’m using but the keyboard won’t work
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?

thanks for responding. Thats my point, I have a keyboard and bluetooth adapter, but the adapter isnt powered when put in the Xbox, but fine on the PC.
    That's because BT keyboards don't work. Not all wireless keyboards are Bluetooth.

Logitech wiress keyboards for example work on Xbox, they use their own direct wireless protocol, this isn't Bluetooth.

These keyboards are already paired to the receiver dongle. That's why they just work, BT ones don't.
Thema:

1. Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One - Similar Threads - Why won’t keyboard

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...