why won’t my headset work properly no matter what I do, should I get a new one?

Discus and support why won’t my headset work properly no matter what I do, should I get a new one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my headset is plugged in I’ve updated my controller cleaned the port and I still can’t get game audio even with my headset connected I’ve checked all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by emerald arcon, Oct 28, 2023.

1. why won’t my headset work properly no matter what I do, should I get a new one?

my headset is plugged in I’ve updated my controller cleaned the port and I still can’t get game audio even with my headset connected I’ve checked all my settings and nothing is wrong so I’m not sure if it’s just my headset or what because I can hear party but not the game my headset chat mixer is also greyed out

:)

emerald arcon, Oct 28, 2023
  2. emerald arcon Win User

Yeah I’ve already pretty much tried everything I think I just need a new headset this one is pretty old anyways and I’ve had a few issues with it thanks for helping though
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Emerald A, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you have tried various troubleshooting steps, including updating your controller, cleaning the port, checking settings, and your headset is still not working properly, it's possible that there may be an issue with the headset itself. Before deciding to get a new one, here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

1. Test the headset on another device to this, connect your headset to another compatible device, such as a smartphone or computer, and check if it functions properly. If it works fine on another device, it could indicate that the issue lies with your console or controller.

2. Test a different headset: If possible, try using a different headset on your console to see if it works correctly. This will help determine if the problem is specific to your current headset or if there's a broader issue with the console or controller.

3. Check audio settings on the console: Ensure that the audio settings on your console are correctly configured. Verify that the audio output is set to the appropriate option (e.g., headset, speakers) and that the volume levels are adjusted accordingly.

4. Update console firmware: Make sure that your console's firmware is up to date. Developers often release updates that address compatibility issues and improve overall system performance. Check for any available updates through your console's settings menu.

5. Reset console settings: If all else fails, you can try performing a factory reset on your console. This will restore the system to its default settings and may help resolve any software-related issues that could be affecting the headset's functionality. Note that a factory reset will erase all data and settings on the console, so be sure to back up any important data beforehand.

If after trying these steps you still encounter issues with your headset, it may be worth considering getting a new one, especially if you have ruled out any other potential causes. Headsets can sometimes develop hardware faults over time, and a replacement may be necessary to restore proper functionality.

Best regards.
  4. WhowantsToRock7 Win User

Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

The one thing that I always do as a rule, is to look at my existing equipment that I have a home and then match up the new component to work with what I have now. Just because a product is new and has this capability doesn't matter to me so much as what
    will work and work properly for what I have now and has the possibility to step up if I ever decide to upgrade some of my existing equipment.
  5. Silverbird757 Win User

Xbox One Controller issues.

My controller was working properly before the last update, I am using the Turtle Beach headset, can't remember what model but it was close to $200. After the update my right thumbstick now movements are slow/choppy. I went out bought another controller
    thinking I had a faulty controller. I purchased the LE Titanfall controller, updated it and doing the same thing. Therefore, my new XBOX ONE is a $500 paper weight. I am going to purchase another headset adapter today to see if the rumors I've heard are
    true that certain lots of the headset adapters were faulty. Why is Microsoft not standing by their products.......agreed, just go get another one is not an acceptable answer.
  6. Eric Wilborn Win User

Wireless Headset Speaker Not Working

If you are able to hear everything normal over other speakers then it is probably the headset. What you can do is look up the manual for the headset online to see if there's some sort of reset feature that may help it work properly again. If that doesn't
    work then it's time to buy a new one.

Sorry for the bad news!
Thema:

1. why won’t my headset work properly no matter what I do, should I get a new one? - Similar Threads - why won’t headset

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox wireless headset charge?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox wireless headset charge?: The headset connects just fine but one morning i put it on the charger and it just didn’t charge, I’ve tried the hard reset, connecting it somewhere else, checking if there was a firmware update...