Why wont my gamertag update?

Discus and support Why wont my gamertag update? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, for some reason, online and on my Microsoft account, my account tag is , but its still the autogenerated one on my xbox and Minecraft profile. Why... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MultiManStudio, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Why wont my gamertag update?

So, for some reason, online and on my Microsoft account, my account tag is , but its still the autogenerated one on my xbox and Minecraft profile. Why wont it update?

:)

MultiManStudio, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Temhotabot Win User

Why wont my gamertag update??

Are you trying to change it via the website or the console? Is the name you are trying to change it to available? Are you connected to XBL when you are attempting to change your name?
  3. MultiManStudio Win User

I changed it well over a year ago. But I cant try to get it to update again because of the fact that it says that I already own that gamertag and still need to use it!

Also, if I Use the new minecraft launcher, its trying to get me to pick a new tag for java minecraft, but Im happy with my current name. But I cant input my current name do to the fact that I already own my current name, and have for years.
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Why wont my gamertag update??

Hey BeefCakes, are you having a similar issue, or just commenting on this thread? If you have this issue, can you please detail it for us? :)
  5. melanie brown2 Win User

Hi. My name is Mel and I am an independent advisor. When did you change your gamertag? It can take 48-72 hours for the change to take effect on your console
  6. scorpio0001 Win User

xbox change gamertag issue

all of it are set to the Philippines. so idk why it wont let me change my gamertag.
Thema:

1. Why wont my gamertag update? - Similar Threads - Why wont gamertag

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  6. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  7. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  8. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  9. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...
  10. Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?: I just changed my gamertag and when i open fable 2 it shows my old name and when i sign in it just simply says i cant connect to xbox live and doesnt load any of my data but i can play back 4...