Why wont my controller work

Discus and support Why wont my controller work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhostridetheWip5, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Why wont my controller work

My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it comes flashing on the controller but still don't work i have only had this controller since Christmas so not that ling why wont it work

:)

GhostridetheWip5, Apr 16, 2024
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

why wont my controllers work

Hello The Dragon Keep,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that none of your controllers are responding when you connect them to the console. Are you using an Xbox one or Xbox 360? If you are using an Xbox One, we recommend

power cycling the console
    by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Also, we have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for controller issues
    . Be sure to let us know the results!

Best Regards,

Leo
  3. Renatodibi Win User

Hi.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for the issue with your controller. You didn't mention if it's connected to the PC or the console. In any case, if you haven't already (It's not clear from the automatic translation if you have used a cable), you should try connecting it via cable and see if it works. It's possible that it has lost its association with the device, and you may be able to reconnect it using the cable.

You should also try turning off the console and unplugging the power cable for about a minute, then plug it back in.

I'll provide you with the link to the support page related to the controller malfunction where you can find further information

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

Lastly, if you bought it for Christmas, it's certainly covered by the warranty, and in case of malfunction, you can request a replacement or repair. At the end of the page I've linked before, you can open a support ticket.

I hope I've been helpful.

Kind regards
    Renato
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there SpartanbadgeZ.

Let's have you try removing your batteries from your controller and plug it in via USB cables. Let us know if it eventually turns on, if so, try unplugging and connecting new batteries and reconnecting to your Xbox One.
  5. aMexicanErb Win User

why wont my controllers work

All controllers have the most current update? Here is a link to help update controllers

Also have you tried getting a micro USB to USB cord and plugging it directly to the xbox to see if that will work?
  6. xxAnt22xx Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

thanks i just figured out what it is it was one of me controllers i pluged in my other one and it works with that one dunno why it wont work with my main one though its strange
Thema:

1. Why wont my controller work - Similar Threads - Why wont controller

2. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  3. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  4. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  5. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  6. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  7. Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller: I have my paddles mapped to a q d e for siege, and my binds wont work no matter my shift key, and they also glitch in other games, i need help. e6bd4706-ae2b-4cac-a786-78d897b66e02
  8. Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?: So suddenly out of nowhere my xbox series s controller buttons will not respond or do anything. However, for some reason, only the xbox button and the left and right triggers and the left (and...
  9. Why wont My powerA Wired controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont My powerA Wired controller wont turn on: It was on before i left the house for school and i come back to it not working but i tried using it on a different xbox and with a different cable but the circle indicator isnt even on...
  10. Why my controller wont turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller wont turn on?: My controller suddenly died, i thought it was the batteries (rechargeable ones) so i connected it to the usb and it started beeping, but it won't turn on, not even flicker, is it just dead? I...