Why wont my console show a progress bar after entering the preparing console page in a reset?

Discus and support Why wont my console show a progress bar after entering the preparing console page in a reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console shows a black screen once powered on then goes to the troubleshoot menu. Once i enter the factory reset or keep games and apps selection my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cameron D-G, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Cameron D-G
    Cameron D-G Guest

Why wont my console show a progress bar after entering the preparing console page in a reset?

My console shows a black screen once powered on then goes to the troubleshoot menu. Once i enter the factory reset or keep games and apps selection my console will return to a black screen until the preparing console sign shows up after this it will not show a progress bar and just go back to the troubleshoot screen. Any help?

:)

Cameron D-G, Apr 11, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Cameron, if he is showing this black screen it is because he is not able to do the reset keeping games and Apps.

If it appears in the options menu, try to choose the reset that erase everything, if it also shows a black screen, you will have to do an offline reset.

Perform an offline system update

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. EmilyGarcia3 Win User

Xbox One locks up repeatedly even during reset

Just tried again, resetting the console and erasing all data. After booting up, I saw on my TV screen "Preparing console..." and a progress bar at the bottom with a message saying, "Don't turn off or unplug your console." It got to 60% then just froze.
    Yet again. Super awesome.
  4. BigBadWolfe911 Win User

Preparing console... *FREEZES DURING UPDATE*

Same issue here the progress bar probably about 85% along on the Preparing console screen. Also a preview member.
  5. SquiffySniperer Win User

Xbox One Startup Problems

Thanks for the reply, I chose the reset option then nothing happened for about 5 minutes then it went off and did the thing were nothing appears for about 10 min, now it is on preparing console and has been there for a while there is no progress bar any
    ideas?
  6. Arminator Win User

My XBoxOneX starts normally and I can navigate all around every possible screen but I can’t play.

Games that start on the Xbox One show a splash screen.

Any progress bars you see are already from the started game, and hint at issues with the game itself, not the console.

What game did you start that is showing the progress bar?
Thema:

1. Why wont my console show a progress bar after entering the preparing console page in a reset? - Similar Threads - Why wont console

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  6. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  7. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  8. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  9. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  10. why wont my console turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my console turn on?: my console won't turn on at all ( its been a year since i lasted played on it) 57290f95-e2ef-4bfc-9fbb-d99dd7ca2e81