Why won't my apps install, but my games will?

Discus and support Why won't my apps install, but my games will? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't install apps, only games. Brand new series s 1c4a169a-ed60-41fe-8dbd-910a0024cac9 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RIP FEEDz, Aug 6, 2023.

1. RIP FEEDz
    RIP FEEDz Guest

I can't install apps, only games. Brand new series s

:)

RIP FEEDz, Aug 6, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Hello my name is zahir, a independent advisor

Please check for any service outages in you area,
    Check parental controll settings
    Clear mac address in network setting
    Make sure nat type is open not strict.

If you are still having issues contact xbox support and speak to aagent

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Regards
  3. RIP FEEDz Win User

The console is up to date. I checked my connection and it is fine. I reset the xbox twice and tried unplugging it for 30 seconds with no luck.
  4. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello RIP F,

Nilay here and I'm glad to answer your query today.

You may need to update your console. For example, if you see a “Download stopped” error, you may need to install an update before the download can complete. To see if there's an update available: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Please visit https://support.xbox.com/help/games...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one this link and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps there. Hope there will be fix.

Good Luck
    Regards
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

why won't my Xbox app game install?

Hi David, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try flushing your DNS.

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type the commands below, individually and press enter each time:

ipconfig /release [Enter]

ipconfig /renew [Enter]

ipconfig /flushdns [Enter]

nbtstat -RR [Enter]

Netsh winsock reset [Enter]

net localgroup administradores localservice /add [Enter]

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ [Enter]

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt [Enter]

netsh winsock reset all [Enter]

netsh int 6to4 reset all [Enter]

Netsh int ip reset all [Enter]

netsh int ipv4 reset all [Enter]

netsh int ipv6 reset all [Enter]

netsh int httpstunnel reset all [Enter]

netsh int isatap reset all [Enter]

netsh int portproxy reset all [Enter]

netsh int tcp reset all [Enter]

netsh int teredo reset all [Enter]

Netsh int ip reset [Enter]

Netsh winsock reset [Enter]

Let me know if it works!
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

My Games won't install but my apps are.

Hey there JamesVerceluz,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums for advice on how to attend to this issue. We actually have an article on what kind of devices can be used as external hard drives here on Manage
    storage on Xbox One

Check that page out and let us know if moving your games to an external hard drive helped.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Why won't my apps install, but my games will? - Similar Threads - Why won't apps

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  7. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  8. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  9. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...
  10. Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?: I've connected both xboxes multiple times now and when I go back later neither one is connected. 9116af94-6724-4f26-9e3a-836b7d251f9a