Why won't minesweeper start?

Discus and support Why won't minesweeper start? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KippOW, Jan 2, 2024.

1. KippOW
    KippOW Guest

For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower right without starting. I have repaired, reset, uninstalled/installed and nothing makes any difference.

This is so lame.

:)

KippOW, Jan 2, 2024
  2. KippOW Win User

It "magically" fixed itself since I posted this issue.
  3. KippOW Win User

Thanks for your reply.

It "magically" fixed itself since I posted this issue.
  4. Vanessaez Win User

We are here to serve you. Please come back if you have more questions.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

Hello KippOW,my name is Vanessa, I will be happy to help you.

I understand that you are having problems starting Minesweeper on two different PCs. There are a few things you can try to fix this problem:

Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Minesweeper. The minimum system requirements for Minesweeper are as follows:

Windows 10 or Windows 11
    1 GHz or higher processor
    1GB RAM
    200 MB free disk space
    Try starting Minesweeper in safe mode.

To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key and type "msconfig."

Press the Enter key.

Select the "Services" tab.

Check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box.

Click the "Disable All" button.

Click the "Apply" button.

Click the "OK" button.

Restart your PC.

Once your PC has restarted, try starting Minesweeper.

If it starts correctly, it means that a third-party service was interfering with Minesweeper.

To fix this issue, you will need to identify the problematic service and disable or uninstall it.

Update your drivers. Drivers are small programs that allow your PC to communicate with the hardware.

If your drivers are outdated, they may cause problems with Minesweeper. To update your drivers, visit the website of the manufacturer of your PC or hardware device.

Restore your PC to a previous point.

If you have performed a system restore point in the last few days, you can restore your PC to that point to fix the problem.

To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key and type "system restore."

Press the Enter key.

Select the restore point you want to use.

Click the "Next" button.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Vanessa.
  6. jh51681 Win User

Adventure boot out and reinstalling - good news

Right-click on Minesweeper and click Uninstall.

To reinstall you can search for it with Games or Store, or just start typing the word Minesweeper at the Start menu screen.
Thema:

1. Why won't minesweeper start? - Similar Threads - Why won't minesweeper

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  7. Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?: I been having problems with my Xbox one s lately and idk what to do and to broke to get it fix, suggestions 7da4ad2a-bcb1-447b-afa5-e76d0c0dadca
  8. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  9. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  10. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a