Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?

Discus and support Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Rasband, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Alex Rasband
    Alex Rasband Guest

When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while trying to close it I realized my inputs were doing nothing in game. I ran a input test and my controller is still fully functional and after closing the game, removing from quick resume, and restarting my console multiple times it still will not let me close the pop up. I am playing on Xbox Series S. Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

Alex Rasband, Dec 30, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Alex,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble closing a New Year's offer pop-up in Minecraft on your Xbox Series S.

It's a frustrating problem, especially if you want to play Minecraft.

Based on reports from other players, there are a couple of things you can try to fix this issue:

Restart your Xbox console.

Sometimes restarting your console can fix minor issues.

Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft.

This can erase any corrupted data that may be causing the problem.

Here are some specific steps you can take to try to fix the new year offer popup issue:

1. Restart your Xbox console.

Turn off your Xbox and then turn it back on.

This can fix minor issues that may be causing the problem.

2. Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft.

To do this, follow these steps:

Open the Settings app.

Select "System."

Select "Storage."

Select "Games and apps."

Select "Minecraft."

Select "Uninstall."

Once you've uninstalled Minecraft, restart your Xbox. You can then reinstall Minecraft from the Xbox Store.

Source:https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft/9MVXMVT8ZKWC

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Why Pop-Up Ads?

Hi Omnicorporeal, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that promotional ads appear on your Xbox, with the intention of helping you I did some searches on the internet and found information that they can be disabled.

To turn off pop-up ads on your console, you may need to go into the settings of the specific console or game and look for the option to turn off notifications or ads. Exact locations may vary depending on the console and particular game.

For more information, you can take a look at the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/settings-updates/pop-up-notifications

Let me know if this information is useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. ShushaH Win User

Unable to download minecraft

created a new account, but now it won't even let me switch to it. i press on the other account at the lock screen, some microsoft empty window pops up and closes instantly and then it goes back to my first account.
  5. LouisEckeman Win User

Verify microsoft account

Hey,

It is not letting me change the pin... If I try to close it it keeps popping back up...
  6. EnderconMaster Win User

Minecraft Star Wars Mashup won’t download

We are having this same issue on Ipad - Pocket Edition.
    Nothing works.
    Minecraft bug log post says it was resolved and is closing others posts about it

stating it is a duplicate - but it was not resolved, even the original poster was able to say it wasn't

before they closed the post.

$8 down the drain? How do we get our money back if this keeps happening?

What happens to us -
    We purchased the mash up
    It was acting funny with a pop up then it showed an Update button on the marketplace ad for Star Wars
    Clicking the Update button brings up a pop up where you can choose to Download.
    Clicking on Download makes the pop up go away but nothing happens.
Thema:

1. Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad? - Similar Threads - Why won't Minecraft

2. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  3. Why won't my minecraft work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my minecraft work?: Last year around summer 2022 I bought minecraft Java with the bundle of the bedrock version also included but this year when I try to play with my friends on my computer it tells me to buy...
  4. Why won't my Minecraft update to the latest release when its already on the latest release...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Minecraft update to the latest release when its already on the latest release...: I'm trying to play with my best friend on Minecraft whos on mobile and I'm on PC, hers is updated to 1.20.41 and mine is 1.20.30. I put my option to latest release and tried relaunching it but its...
  5. Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?: Every time I click "use" on a skin I uploaded to Minecraft, it gives me a little message in the corner that says "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." I've tried uninstalling the launcher...
  6. Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.: I am trying to log into Minecraft but it won't let me. I am on mobile Minecraft and I have a account it is Tony Call. It says Drowned and I resetted my phone and even delete app and redownload it....
  7. Why won't Minecraft for windows install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft for windows install?: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for the past 3 hours now and it has been stuck on Downloading 96.86 MB / 96.86 MB for about 30 minutes. It seems like its having a hard...
  8. Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?: After clicking the link to migrate my account, I was able to sign in to my Mojang account, press "Let's Start Moving", get and plug in code from my email, create my Microsoft account, and then get...
  9. Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?: Minecraft launcher is failing to download and install from the Microsoft store. I've previously used the Windows 7/8 launcher for the game, due to having this problem for many months, however, I'm...
  10. why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't my Xbox game pass let me play minecraft Java?: I have Xbox game pass on my pc and I have minecraft Java installed, but everytime I go on launcher to play it it says buy now instead of allowing me to play, even though I the game pass, any way...