Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?

Discus and support Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tired of waiting 24+ hours for a game that is online only to be updated to newest version so it can be played again. Ark servers updated to 962.1... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScottyBoi_611, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?

Tired of waiting 24+ hours for a game that is online only to be updated to newest version so it can be played again. Ark servers updated to 962.1 yesterday and still the next day Microsoft store has not rolled out update. Had a friend reinstall the game hoping to update it but no it's Microsoft being stupid. Reset, repaired, and even command prompted store to clear caches or anything to get it to update. Microsoft you run Xbox, how hard is it to roll both out simultaneously?

:)

ScottyBoi_611, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hello! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

As a fellow gamer, I understand what you are feeling being unable to fully play the game on a new update. With regards to a game update, it is actually the game developer who has details for this as they are the ones who are releasing updates. Even a Microsoft Xbox support don't have details for this unless the game developer themselves open it to public for us to view.

The game developer might release update sooner on other platform such as Xbox, PlayStation, Windows PC, Steam, Microsoft Game Pass, etc. and it might be later for other platform. It really depends on their process as to when they will release the update for other platforms.

What I suggest on this case is to try inquiring with the Ark Survival support via their page https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us to know if there is an estimated date already for the game update. There are instances where other users on a specific platform might get their updates earlier compare to others as it is commonly being rolled out by batches so all we can do is to wait.

I am seeing fellow gamers reporting it to the devs already, hoping to hear from them as well.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information helps. Feel free to post back in the community if you have other questions and we will try our best to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. mkac2343 Win User

How long does this stuff usually take?
  4. Spazpol Win User

Xbox 360 game updates on Xbox One

I have the same question, plus why is there no description you can see saying what is being done in the update? When games update on my phone I get at least some basic info on what the update is for. Why doesn’t Xbox do something similar? (ie. bug
    fix, One X enhancement, etc)
    It is at the discretion of the developer and Microsoft if they choose to disclose what a update is adding or improves. Sometimes it will mention it, some times it won't.
  5. sean wasshausen Win User

xbox app has a problem loading installation locations what could be the issue?

I have the exact same problem. I have plenty of space but it won't let me install anything. I can download apps through the store just fine, but no games. I've installed and updated gaming services several times as that is what other forums have said to do. Microsoft needs to get rid of gaming services, there are hundred of reviews and questions on the Microsoft site so they know it is an issue.
  6. sean wasshausen Win User

xbox app has a problem loading installation locations what could be the issue?

I have the exact same problem. I have plenty of space but it won't let me install anything. I can download apps through the store just fine, but no games. I've installed and updated gaming services several times as that is what other forums have said to do. Microsoft needs to get rid of gaming services, there are hundred of reviews and questions on the Microsoft site so they know it is an issue.
Thema:

1. Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,? - Similar Threads - Why won't Microsoft

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  4. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  6. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  7. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  8. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  9. Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.: So I sent my Xbox in for warranty repair on June 24th 23 and the repair was allegedly completed and set for return on the 27th. However, it is now October and my xbox has not been sent back to me....
  10. Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?: When I click on Microsoft store nothing happens. When I try to click on the option to view a game on the Microsoft store it closes the window but never opens the store. Being its a Seies S with no...