Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

Discus and support Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by game slave, Jun 13, 2024.

1. game slave
    game slave Guest

It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make sense of this. I am just about ready to sell my xbox one and never buy another microsoft product if I can help it. Update the xbox so that it will accept a USB headset. It's that simple of a fix. It seems like Microsoft intends to force me to buy.Its peripherals and that stuff is garbage.

You guys should really do better. I feel like you promised me a console that was as powerful as a computer. And I should spend my money with you instead of buying a pc, but you have not delivered a versatile platform that could replace PC. I do not feel like you have delivered what you have promised in good faith.

:)

game slave, Jun 13, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

no form of unlicensed accessory is allowed on Xbox. You have purchased a subsidized platform and one of the ways they make the up to it including $200 subsidy that they sell the system for under their cost of making it is by charging accessory makers a license fee

These policies have been in place is the beginning of Xbox over 20 years ago

Specifically which headset are you working with
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Headset

Are you talking about Turtle Beach headsets for Xbox 360 controllers?

Well, the Xbox 360 controller has a 2.5mm headset port, whereas the Xbox One controller has a
    3.5mm headset port, so the existing headset you've used for your Xbox 360 won't be compatible with Xbox One (right off the bat).

Your headset would still work on Xbox One with a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter.

Read more details about headset compatibility
    here
    !
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Dear Microsoft, please do something with your products!!!

The Afterglow AG7 headset is manufactured by PDP, a third-party company. Microsoft has no part in manufacture of the headset, other than "officially licensing" it.

You will need to browse through PDP support (Afterglow AG7 support page) to troubleshoot your headset problems.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Balance (Left earcup) not working on PC

Hi Lee Tollerfield,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use the Xbox Wireless Headset and is unable to because Audio balance did not work on PC. Let’s us check on this together and sort this out.

May we ask if you already have tried to perform the headset troubleshooting? If not yet, better check this link -Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset or perform this suggested troubleshooting below.

Suggested Troubleshooting

Method 1:

If you’re experiencing audio issues where you can’t hear or others can’t hear you, first check the headset’s volume, balance, and mute settings:

• The headset volume is controlled by turning the dial on the outside of the right earcup. Be sure the headset volume isn’t turned all the way down.
    • The dial on the outside of the left earcup adjusts the audio balance between game and chat audio. Be sure the dial isn’t rotated completely in one direction, as this will effectively mute either game or chat audio.
    • Be sure your headset mic isn’t muted (when muted, the light at the end of the mic will switch off). The headset’s mute button is located on the back end of the mic attachment, on the bottom of the left earcup.
    Method 2:
    If none of these settings is causing the audio issue, check the headset settings in the Xbox Accessories app. On Xbox X|S and Xbox One consoles, you can access the Accessories app in the Settings menu: Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories. If you don’t already have the Accessories app installed on your PC or mobile device, you can get it at: Get Xbox Accessories - Microsoft Store

Note The Xbox Wireless Headset needs to be powered on and connected to your console or device in order to update its settings in the Accessories app. Depending on how many accessories are connected to your console or device at the time, you may need to scroll left or right to bring up the headset configuration screen.

When you find the Headset screen in the Accessories app, select Configure to open the headset settings menu, and check the following:

• Check the audio levels in the Equalizer to be sure they aren't set to the lowest possible setting.
    • If other players can’t hear you when you talk, try setting Auto-mute to Low or Off.
    • If you’re hearing distorted audio coming from your own mic, try setting Mic monitoring to Off.
    • You can select Restore to default to quickly reset the headset settings to their default values.
    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Not a 4K TV - XBox one S will work ?

Since your TV is not 4K, any 4K settings will be disabled
    in the Xbox One S.

As "J3RS3Y DEVIL" mentioned, the Xbox One S will only output up to 1080p, given the circumstances.

Support Article (Resolutions for Xbox One): https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/tv-resolutions
Thema:

1. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox? - Similar Threads - Why won't Microsoft

2. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  4. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  5. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  6. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.: So I sent my Xbox in for warranty repair on June 24th 23 and the repair was allegedly completed and set for return on the 27th. However, it is now October and my xbox has not been sent back to me....
  9. Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?: When I click on Microsoft store nothing happens. When I try to click on the option to view a game on the Microsoft store it closes the window but never opens the store. Being its a Seies S with no...
  10. Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce: Microsoft Store is not letting me install Broforce. I have Game Pass but it's just not letting me install it. I'm on Series X 0894d663-85b1-4ee8-9fde-fc1b59f26cba