Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

Discus and support Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kaylee_320, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Kaylee_320
    Kaylee_320 Guest

When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This confused me because I've seen other people on the same computer as me playing Fortnite for free. The computer told me to change my app recommendation settings but it won't show me how to do that.

Thanks,

From Kaylee

:)

Kaylee_320, Apr 28, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kaylee_320, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

On Windows 10:

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Open Apps settings and select Apps and Features from the left sidebar.

Select "Anywhere" from the dropdown menu under Choose where to get apps.

On Windows 11:

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Apps > Advanced app settings.

Select "Anywhere" from the dropdown menu next to Choose where to get apps.

Restart your PC and try the installation again.

I hope this helps.
  3. RockyAnteater45 Win User

Can't log in or create new account, even after rebooting system, changing wifi, deleting everything

I have kind of the same problem. I tried foe like 2 days now to log into my account but sometimes it won't let me. If it does let me sigb into my account, when i try to launch something like Fortnite or YouTube, its says for some reason Fortnite has taken
    too long to start

Please help someone
  4. Orville hilljr7 Win User

Fortnite Cross-Platform play currently disabled

Hey epic games it won't let me in my fortnite and other games
  5. Ser Tirpitz Win User

Why won't it let me install this?

Okay yes this as solved the issue. Or at least it's working now.
  6. Ser Tirpitz Win User

Why won't it let me install this?

I'm checking for updates right now, it said I was up-to-date and then began installing updates. I'll let you know
Thema:

1. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite? - Similar Threads - Why won't Microsoft

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  4. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  5. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  6. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.: So I sent my Xbox in for warranty repair on June 24th 23 and the repair was allegedly completed and set for return on the 27th. However, it is now October and my xbox has not been sent back to me....
  9. Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?: When I click on Microsoft store nothing happens. When I try to click on the option to view a game on the Microsoft store it closes the window but never opens the store. Being its a Seies S with no...
  10. Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce: Microsoft Store is not letting me install Broforce. I have Game Pass but it's just not letting me install it. I'm on Series X 0894d663-85b1-4ee8-9fde-fc1b59f26cba