Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

Discus and support Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Thunder Calderhead, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

Hello,

After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even click the multiplayer or realms option. I have followed all the instructions on the PC page as well as the xbox family app. I have allowed multiplayer and clubs. I am at a loss on how hard this is to set up. I just want my kids to be able to play together online.

My current feeling is to remove them from microsoft families, remove age restrictions, and change their age, and that doesn't sound reasonable, but that's where this mess is bringing me to. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time? Do I need to reinstall minecraft?

Another issue is that I have two kids wanting to play on PC and most of the guides seem to have instructions for X Box and I am unclear if they apply to windows 10 and 11 as well. It's a mess.

Please help, this question is ALL OVER the internet with outdated advice and stuff that isn't affecting the outcomes.

Thanks

:)

Thunder Calderhead, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Thunder C, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Why is Microsoft Families not allowing my child to play in multiplayer mode?

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with Microsoft Families. I understand that it can be frustrating when something does not work as it should.

There are several reasons why Microsoft Families might be preventing your child from playing in multiplayer mode. One possibility is that the age restrictions are not set up correctly. Make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.

Another possibility is that your child does not have a Microsoft account. If so, you will need to create an account for them and add them to your Microsoft family.

Finally, it is also possible that there is a problem with the Minecraft software. Try reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the problem.

Here are some specific steps you can follow to try to troubleshoot the problem:

Check age restrictions. Open the Xbox Family app and go to "Settings". Then, select "Content restrictions" and make sure that the age restrictions for multiplayer mode are set to "Allow". You can also try increasing the maximum allowed age for multiplayer mode.
    Check if your child has a Microsoft account. If they do not have an account, you will need to create one for them. To do this, go to the Microsoft accounts website and click "Create account".
    Reinstall Minecraft. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and search for Minecraft. Then, click "Install".

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  3. Evedra Win User

I'm not sure how to fix this

My account is not consider as a kids account and I was in a family group but I got out I also checked that everything was allowed especially the join club and create them I also checked the multiplayer and it's on the allowed option.
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Family (features on Xbox One need a way to manage family members)

The problem is my brother was removed from my family months ago.

He was removed and deleted from my Xbox one because my parental settings prevented him from playing x360 games and content.

Problem #2 is that Microsoft allows other adults to break up a family

Problem #3 Microsoft does not give control to the parents of the kids so basically this system allows "kidnapping"

I can't log into my brothers profile because his profile is not on my console nor can I add him because I don't have his password or the text password which is good for security.

Microsoft needs to pair kids with one to two parents and not allow parents to be removed from a family. That's an oversight.

As of now I'm stuck and my kids are stuck until he comes back into town.

PS please fix the forums as I couldn't reply for hours (8+)
  5. Fast Chet Win User

Any other parents play competition duos with their kids?

This is why we got an Xbox in our family. Me and my kids enjoy playing together.
  6. ashvlgrl Win User

Trying to allow multiplayer

So they only way to allow my kids to play multiplayer games is to set them to adult settings? That seems unreasonable. There has to be another solution.
Thema:

1. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer? - Similar Threads - Why won't Microsoft

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  4. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  6. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  7. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  8. Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft send me my Xbox nack.: So I sent my Xbox in for warranty repair on June 24th 23 and the repair was allegedly completed and set for return on the 27th. However, it is now October and my xbox has not been sent back to me....
  9. Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Microsoft store open on my Xbox?: When I click on Microsoft store nothing happens. When I try to click on the option to view a game on the Microsoft store it closes the window but never opens the store. Being its a Seies S with no...
  10. Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce: Microsoft Store is not letting me install Broforce. I have Game Pass but it's just not letting me install it. I'm on Series X 0894d663-85b1-4ee8-9fde-fc1b59f26cba