Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

Discus and support Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already”... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HLR ADAPT, Dec 25, 2023.

1. HLR ADAPT
    HLR ADAPT Guest

Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already”

:)

HLR ADAPT, Dec 25, 2023
  2. [EX] Win User

Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but it’s been installed on disc

Hi,

if you install a game from disc you often will be asked if you want to update the game.

Always answer this question with NO during the installation process !

After the installation is finished, start the game and then you can update the game.

No need to purchase it twice.
  3. Broward Blvd Win User

Xbox Updates

That is very odd. I haven’t seen an xbox update in a while. If you have automatic downloads on, it should download automatically if you are offline. If your wifi disconnects, it won’t automatically download.
  4. xDeadPoolx6 Win User

My modern warfare 2 game just stays on the the press a to start screen

Same thing happened to me today bro, it won’t let me play it. same happened with mw2019 I haven’t been able to play that game either, it’s been a year I think and no solution
  5. Ennileah ☆ Win User

The Xbox store won’t let me buy this game... Why?

Buy Sonic Adventure 2 for Xbox 360

Ok so you dont say on which device you have tried to purchase it on... I assume you are trying on Xbox One?? If so hit the link above and try to purchase it there.. it directs you to the Xbox store via Browser. You can do this from a PC, phone or tablet...
    and actually the Edge App on your console.. not via the inbuilt store accessed from your Dashboard

Some Xbox 360 Back compatible Titles cannot be purchased via your One console for various reasons.. this issue could be linked to that.

The way is to order the older games is via a browser if you havent access to a X360.. the purchase should then show up within games ready to install on your xbox one.. Let me know if you get any joy trying that way
  6. lndigopizza Win User

The Xbox store won’t let me buy this game... Why?

Thats actually a good point, ive never gone straight to the top and asked xbox about it. I’ll hit up xbox support and see what they can do about it, ill keep you guys posted. Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)
Thema:

1. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but... - Similar Threads - Why won’t let

2. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Why won’t it let me switch ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me switch ?: It’s a whole new year and the exact same day it says I can switch again but it don’t work. It keep saying you already switched 5 times this yr , you’ll be able to switch it again on 1/24/2024....
  5. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  6. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  7. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6
  8. Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why on pc gamepass it won’t let me download vahalla it show loading and is grey: Vahalla won’t download on pc on gamepass is grey out and it stay loading and no option to download it cb0fb9cd-17ee-4517-ba32-94ec1657f80e
  9. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  10. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...