Why won't GTA V let me play with my friends?

Discus and support Why won't GTA V let me play with my friends? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Grand Theft Auto V a couple of months ago on the Microsoft Store to play with my friends, but every time I accept their invites it says that I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jjblazer360, Jun 19, 2023.

1. jjblazer360
    jjblazer360 Guest

I bought Grand Theft Auto V a couple of months ago on the Microsoft Store to play with my friends, but every time I accept their invites it says that I need to buy the game as if I don't own it. (and vice versa) When I go to the Microsoft Store to look at GTA V, it also doesn't recognize that I own the game. I can play GTA online with other people fine, it just doesn't let me play with my friends. I think that the bundle I bought the game from is the reason I'm having problems, but I'm not sure. I bought the X/S optimized edition since I have an Xbox Series S, and my friends also have the same edition, so I'm confused why we can't play together but I can play with random people. Thank you in advance for trying to solve my problem.

:)

jjblazer360, Jun 19, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

This will indicate you aren't playing from the same console.

On Next-Gen consoles, you have the option to play the Next-Gen copy which is GTA ONLINE while having the option to play the Xbox One copy titled Grand Theft Auto V.

You need to play the same copy. Once you do, you'll stop getting this error.
  3. Anthony Wel Win User

GTAV Starter Pack for premium edition online edition it won't let me install it I tried everything

No I don't think you understand I already have gta v I just won't let me access gta online so do I have to buy the online?
  4. koezz264 Win User

How are you going to spend your extra day this year?

I spent it playing some GTA V on the new Open Wheel races and then I went to watch a friend's of mine soccer game. Now today I'll see if I can play with my friend some GTA V.
  5. CreativeGravy3 Win User

Looking for 360 friends

Hello Im ,13 years old.looking friends for GTA V to play

IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGE
  6. sasquatchpreston Win User

My gta v won't let me online or install

They don't know what's wrong ether
Thema:

1. Why won't GTA V let me play with my friends? - Similar Threads - Why won't GTA

2. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  3. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  4. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  5. Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?: I been having problems with my Xbox one s lately and idk what to do and to broke to get it fix, suggestions 7da4ad2a-bcb1-447b-afa5-e76d0c0dadca
  6. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  7. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  8. Why won't my gta load?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my gta load?: Having an issue loading GTA 5 on game pass ultimate 7ecd47a5-55ac-4b8b-a7be-4a92754e4fe4
  9. Why won't my Amazon Music work right and my Series X and S version GTA 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Amazon Music work right and my Series X and S version GTA 5?: Every time I try to listen to music in Amazon Music it just shows a blurry screen with a random background. Also, the series X and S version of GTA has some sort of bug that I know some other...
  10. 2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...: I bought GTA V as my first game for my Xbox One S a few years ago. The disk was broken while moving houses multiple times, and I've gotten a new one recently. The disk won't install the game, as...