Why won't games install to my external SSD Drive?

Discus and support Why won't games install to my external SSD Drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I already changed the "new app will be saved to:" to the correct drive. I logged out of Microsoft store, restarted my computer, logged back in. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DJ Sheppard, Sep 2, 2023.

1. DJ Sheppard
    DJ Sheppard Guest

I already changed the "new app will be saved to:" to the correct drive. I logged out of Microsoft store, restarted my computer, logged back in. I tried a bunch of times and the games are only trying to save to my computers C drive which only has 111 GB of storage.... The game I am trying to play is 125GB...

HELP PLEASE THIS IS REDICULOUS.

:)

DJ Sheppard, Sep 2, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello DJ Sheppard,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble installing games to your external SSD drive. This issue may be caused by several factors, such as the format of the drive, the permissions of the drive, or the compatibility of the drive with the Microsoft Store. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this problem:

- Make sure your external SSD drive is formatted as NTFS. You can check this by right-clicking on the drive in File Explorer and selecting Properties. If the file system is not NTFS, you will need to back up your data and reformat the drive.

- Make sure your external SSD drive has enough free space to install the game. You can check this by right-clicking on the drive in File Explorer and selecting Properties. If the drive is full or nearly full, you will need to delete some files or move them to another location.

- Make sure your external SSD drive has full control permissions for your user account. You can check this by right-clicking on the drive in File Explorer and selecting Properties, then Security, then Edit. If your user account is not listed or does not have full control, you will need to add it or change it.

- Make sure your external SSD drive is compatible with the Microsoft Store. You can check this by opening the Microsoft Store app, clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, then Settings, then System. If your drive is not listed under Offline Permissions, you will need to enable it by clicking on Change where you store your offline content, then selecting your drive.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Neroe5 Win User

SSD with usb 3.1 not fast enought?

Qual tamanha do disco ssd?
    going by an auto translation you are asking "What's so hard about SSD?"

i don't know what the issue is, i want to use my external ssd to install games on

but it says the drive is too slow to even save video capture on it

i do not know why as the drive is as fast as the ssd drives seagate sells as official drives.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why won't the Game Pass app (iPhone) recognise that my XsX has an SSD installed?

Also should be noted patched games can only be installed internally or on storage cards

NOT external hds

Seagate ssd game drive won't cut it it must be the Seagate series x storage cards which uses nvme tech not ssd
  6. guigamuck Win User

Can't install Xbox App games in a drive other than C:

It's not an external drive but a different SSD.

My boot drive (C:) has only 512gb capacity but I have a different SSD installed with 4 TB capacity
Thema:

1. Why won't games install to my external SSD Drive? - Similar Threads - Why won't games

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  4. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  5. why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won't the xbox website game website won't let me login: every time I open of the xbox website so I can login, every time I move to login and it begins to load the login screen, it loops me back around to the xbox websites main menu. I have tried to use...
  6. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  7. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  8. Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't 'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it,...: Why won't'Microsoft Ultimate Word Games' Load.? Having tried it, I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't load.! c2724715-1cd8-4f5f-8f9b-7a13e12749dc
  9. Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...: I've been having this issue going on for the past week (since Oct. 17). My boyfriend and I share games through the Home Xbox function, though I do have a few games I've bought for myself...
  10. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...