Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

Discus and support Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by madey r, Jun 29, 2023.

1. madey r
    madey r Guest

I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and saying I need to manage or renew my subscription to continue. I find it frankly frustrating since I already paid for the physical game, and though I do understand certain functions of the game may require Xbox Live, it's ridiculous that it won't even open the game. Has anyone already encountered such an issue/ know how to fix it??

:)

madey r, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Matthew Ganote Win User

Hello!
    I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.
    I will be glad to help you.

Try to perform a cache clear with the following steps.
    1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox One until the console turns off.
    2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox One.
    3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press the Power button on your Xbox One to turn it back on.
    5. Your cache should be clear at this point.

Once this is done, try to run the disk

If it keeps asking for a subscription, try running it with the console disconnected from the internet.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
    this did not work for me. is there anything else I can do?
  3. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

Try to perform a cache clear with the following steps.

1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox One until the console turns off.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox One.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press the Power button on your Xbox One to turn it back on.

5. Your cache should be clear at this point.

Once this is done, try to run the disk

If it keeps asking for a subscription, try running it with the console disconnected from the internet.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  4. Def Oso Win User

Forza 4 vs Forza Horizon

Forza Horizon is amazing......in its own way. IMO for that semi-sim console game experience, Forza 4 is where it's at. Horizon has taken bits and pieces of T10s Forza game and incorporated it into an 'open' world (kinda) arcade-ish game. It was never
    intended to take over Forza, if that is what you were thinking. It (Horizon) has introduced a racing/driving game into the Forza family that will appeal to many of the racing community. It really is unfair to compare the two, even though they share the same
    name.
  5. ngocphi Win User

I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

You can play forza horizon 5 if you own it

But if you only downloaded it via gamepass you don't own it

Forza horizon 4 is available though for core
  6. RDJ666 Win User

Xbox one s crashed and purchased a new Xbox but it doesn't have a disc drive. How do we play our Forza game if on a disc? It is not showing in our library when we log in.

We have an Xbox Series S console. Even though we own both Forza 4 and Forza 7 on disc there is no way to access it in the cloud and continue?
Thema:

1. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc? - Similar Threads - Why won't Forza

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why

in XboX Insiders
    Some Xbox discs won't work and i have no idea why: I've been having this issue recently where in the span of a week my xbox one has stopped reading 2 of my games that are on a disc. The first one was an xbox one game that I didn't really care...
  7. Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one s blinks and won't open fortnight?: I been having problems with my Xbox one s lately and idk what to do and to broke to get it fix, suggestions 7da4ad2a-bcb1-447b-afa5-e76d0c0dadca
  8. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  9. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  10. Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?: Cant log into Forza Horizon 5. 0da386f2-07be-45a1-98d7-63de8e39c93e