Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

Discus and support Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hayden Beathard, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything

:)

Hayden Beathard, Oct 30, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to make sure i was doing it right I’ve tried everything except for this this is my last resort

Hello Hayden B, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your headset audio on your Xbox. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Check your headphone settings: Make sure the headphone volume is not turned all the way down and that the headphone microphone is not muted.
    Check your TV and HDMI connections: Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Display & TV options. Select Video Fidelity and Overscan. Under Display, select HDMI.
    Run the Audio Configuration Tool: Under Advanced Options, select Additional Options, and then select Chat Mixer.
    Restart gaming services: Go to Windows services, search for “Gaming services,” and click “Restart.”
    Restart your PC: Sometimes a simple restart can solve many problems.
    Clear the Microsoft Store cache: Open the command prompt as administrator and enter the command wsreset.exe.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  3. ZoeTaylor2 Win User

Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox controller?

Hi

I haven’t got another Xbox controller but I’ve tried on PlayStation controller and my IPad and the headphones work fine. They just won’t work with Xbox controller.

The controller I brought 3 days ago.

Thanks for your reply
  4. XX ALAN XX Win User

Unable to find a microphone for these people

I’ve got the same problem. Tried everything, and support was as useful as a chocolate teapot. I’ve watched all the vids on YouTube done all the hard resets and unplugging. Support just suggests a factory reset. Which I can’t be **** to do.
  5. DozeS5077 Win User

Fallout 4 - No character voice audio

Thanks for the response, I’m playing on an Xbox and I can’t find any audio settings that mention 5.1? It’s currently set to stereo compressed but I’ve tried Dolby which is also an option and that doesn’t work either?

Also just using the tv sound, I don’t have headphones, if that makes a difference?
  6. DaltonMaster Win User

Xbox Live Account(s) unable to be fixed by microsoft support

yeah i’ve tried this, it won’t work.
Thema:

Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

1. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to... - Similar Threads - Why won’t audio

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...