Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

Discus and support Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dominic Reiter1, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I know my drive works because other games and movies still work. Disc is clean. I’ve tried everything you have told others to do. Nothing. Seriously annoying paying for a game I can’t play.

:)

Dominic Reiter1, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Dominic, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The Xbox One version of the game should have worked.

What's the error message you receive?

Have you tried to insert the disc while having your console fully offline?

Do you have a friend with an Xbox Series X console you can test this disc with?

Please, try power cycling the console.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Let me know if it works!
  3. BiZz N1 Win User

Disc drive ( Chinese ) rubbish

Why does my Xbox series x 87 days old not play any disc whatsoever ?? Won’t play Xbox one game Xbox 360 dvd or Blu-ray won’t play anything it’s the 5th Xbox on the spin to do this ? What’s going on with these crappy drives and power mode ( Microsoft won’t admit there’s a massive problem with their disc drives ! That’s facts
    YouTube has like 50 videos of people not being able to play a game they own on disc I think I’ll get full refund and buy PS5 no way will a Sony product not read discs
  4. DanielJessop Win User

Xbox live and Game Sharing

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, just to confirm it isn’t the ‘main’ console, ie the new Series X that needs to be the Home console? Why is this?

Unless I misunderstood everything I had read seemed to say the main console should be the new one played on most?

It won’t affect any gameplay on the Series X will it?

I play much more than him so don’t want to lose access to any games on my Series X?
  5. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
Thema:

1. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X - Similar Threads - Why won’t brand

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  4. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  5. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  6. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  7. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  8. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...