Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use?

Discus and support Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller that i got with my xbox one S has been faulty recently in it's performance over time. I got it one year ago. Recently i purchased a red... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xx Rubba Duc xX, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use?

My controller that i got with my xbox one S has been faulty recently in it's performance over time. I got it one year ago. Recently i purchased a red xbox one controller with a 3.5mm audio jack. The controller worked fine and the audio was fine for about
    a week. After that week though, the audio stopped working with whatever headset i plugged into the controller. The controller that i got with the xbox originally still has functioning audio port which confused me. I returned the controller to the shop where
    i got it from and was given a new blue 3.5mm controller and the same problem occured where the audio stopped working after a week or two. Why is this? Could the controllers have been damaged while being delivered? or am i missing something? The main headset
    i use is a Turtle beach 50X Recon but no headset i use on the controllers work unless it's my controller that i originally got with the xbox. A quick response is appreciated.

:)

Xx Rubba Duc xX, Mar 31, 2018
  2. spgingras
    spgingras Guest
    Xbox One Controller & cheap headphones (audio + chat)

Hi my dear xbox lovers!

I've got this pair of Apple Earbuds that use a standard 3.5mm audio/mic jack.
    I like them, the sound is good, the mic is OK, they're fine for my day-to-day needs.

As far as I know, the PS4 controller can handle audio and chat through the DS4's 3.5mm jack.

I understand that the Xbox One controller has a proprietary port that imposes some sort of connectivity limit.

My question is, with the help of some sort of (cheap) adapter (I know that some headset companies have adapters in the works...), would it be possible for me to use my (cheap) Apple headphones with the Xbox One controller (for audio AND chat)?
    That would be awesome, since I wouldn't have to buy a 100$-ish headset.

Thanks a lot fellow Xbone lovers Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use? :D

spgingras, Mar 31, 2018
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Headset and adapter question.

The headset adapter is only for connecting headsets via a 3.5mm jack. I get the impression, but cannot confirm so you need to follow up, that this headset uses optical audio, in which case you would not need the headset adapter and it should still work with
    the Xbox One's optical audio out port.

I would advise that you contact the headset's manufacturer's to confirm these points.

maxen, Mar 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use?