Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?

Discus and support Why will my external hard drive not transfer games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My external hard drive that I got for my Xbox s was working fine and transferring games, now it is not working. When I go to transfer a game it will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by steven bormann, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?

My external hard drive that I got for my Xbox s was working fine and transferring games, now it is not working. When I go to transfer a game it will download at a high speed then drop and stop the installation. I have tried everything and I just got this drive a week ago.

:)

steven bormann, Jul 7, 2023
  2. Differgent Win User

Marvel heroes omega will not delete. It's been forever!

If you have an external hard drive transfer the game over, then delete it off of the external drive.
  3. MontyGoat Win User

Clone an Xbox One external drive so I can swap it for another.

I am looking to transfer the games from one external hard drive to a newer / better but the same size external hard drive.
  4. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
  5. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

Why not just transfer all the data over to an external hard drive and you can plug the data into any console.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi Steven! I'll do my best here to help.

May I know how are you trying to transfer your games from or to your external drive?
    Are you trying to transfer games from one console to another or just moving game's install location?
Thema:

1. Why will my external hard drive not transfer games? - Similar Threads - Why external hard

2. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...
  3. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  4. Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting: Every time I download something it will disconnect then reconnect once the thing I download stop it’s download or it will randomly disconnect then reconnect while I’m mid game...
  5. Why is my external hard drive not detected anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my external hard drive not detected anymore: My xbox series x no longer detects my wd black p 10 even though I have been using it since May to store games. I have tried switching usb ports and restarting the console....
  6. Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?: I recently formatted an external hard drive to back up my Xbox captures to on account of the cloud saves being deleted soon. The drive is recognized as a media storage, and I can even see my new...
  7. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  8. Why cant I play games from my external hard drive????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play games from my external hard drive????: I cant play games from my external hard drive anymore??? What the hell? 460c00f4-fa41-44b7-8ddd-37aced07526b
  9. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...