Why will microsoft not enable script extenders for bethesda titles?

Discus and support Why will microsoft not enable script extenders for bethesda titles? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A MASSIVE selling point of all bethesda games is the modding capability, and now with starfield release, yet another game is not going to receive the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ethan85, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Ethan85
    Ethan85 Guest

A MASSIVE selling point of all bethesda games is the modding capability, and now with starfield release, yet another game is not going to receive the best mods on game pass because of a lack of the script extender dll injector. I realize that in a multiplayer game this would be hacking, but make an exception for bethesda games please, they do not make multiplayer titles. You are missing out on TONS of sales. So many people more than what you got would sub to game pass for starfield rn if they could script extend, but because they can't they are ignoring your platform and your good deals. It's extremely foolish. The lump some alone makes a simple change to the way you deploy bethesda titles like skyrim, fallout(not 76 cuz multiplayer) and starfield completely worth it and I am sure any investor and/or financial decision maker would agree. Also, just do it regardless, show gamers you actually give a damn. It's a huge let down for the entire game pass.

:)

Ethan85, Sep 9, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox is a secure platform, and what you're asking for is exactly the kind of thing it protects against

Bethesda has many online games, Doom, Fallout 76 is an MMO and very much online,, Redfall and more

So such a thing will likely never be on Xbox consoles or PC game pass
  3. Ethan Lalla Win User

Yeah, I am very very tech savy, this is not true at all lol.

There is no threat to the Xbox platform on pc when enabling script extenders. That is completely false. The script extender is an executable that launches the game, not the xbox app itself. If Xbox REALLY cared they could also easily contact the script extender team and verify the software is safe themselves. Which is also entirely unneeded because it is locally operated software entirely. Regardless, it is replacing Skyrim.exe, Starfield.exe, Fallout4.exe, etc, in order to allow control over scripts running within the client, the software poses 0 threat to the platform lol.

The ability for the script extender to function would only need to be enabled for bethesda single player titles, so you wouldn't have any threat of hacking in multiplayer titles via a lack of script security. The truth is that the reason you don't allow it is because of blanket policy that Xbox is too "busy," which they are not by the way, to even care, which is why I emphasized the PROFIT they would make from enabling this. That blanket security policy is hurting the platform in regards to this issue. I understand Xbox is ludicrously secure, and I commend them for it, but this level of security on heavily modded games like bethesda titles that are popular for exactly that reason is hurting the brand. I absolutely guarantee you that I am right about what I am saying here and if you have any power to push this up to someone who can push it even farther than you to get an OK, do it, for the sake of everyone gaming on your platform. I am not proposing enabling this on console btw.

I am not sure Xbox realizes how many people did not buy game pass for starfield exactly because of this reason. You probably missed out on an absolutely insane amount of money tbh. Also, idk why I wrote my previous post on that other account lol
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Ethan85,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Ethan85,

We appreciate you for sharing this to us and welcome to Xbox forums.

I understand your frustration regarding the lack of script extenders for Bethesda titles on Xbox. However, it is important to note that Microsoft has no control over the development of third-party mods or script extenders. These are created by independent developers and are not officially supported by Microsoft.

Additionally, enabling script extenders could potentially compromise the security and stability of the Xbox platform. Microsoft takes the security and stability of its products very seriously, and any changes made to the platform must go through a rigorous testing process to ensure that they do not pose a risk to users.

That being said, Microsoft is committed to providing the best possible gaming experience for its users, and we are constantly working to improve our products and services. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to develop and improve our gaming offerings.

I hope this provides some insight into why scripts extenders are not currently enabled for Bethesda titles on Game Pass. Your feedback is valuable, and I encourage you to share it directly with game developers.

Source: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

I also hope this information helps to clarify the situation. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Ethan Lalla Win User

Maybe on console through the creation club. Cringe tho. I am a modder myself and we absolutely can mod whatever on pc when the creation kit releases. :]
Thema:

1. Why will microsoft not enable script extenders for bethesda titles? - Similar Threads - Why microsoft enable

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  4. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  5. Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?: The servers are down so the flight sim gives the message that I need to quit and install the offline content. But it is already installed. I tried removing and re-installing it but the game is...
  6. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  7. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  8. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  9. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  10. Why is Xbox enforcement so dishonest and disingenuous? Why do Microsoft enable Rockstar...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox enforcement so dishonest and disingenuous? Why do Microsoft enable Rockstar...: I received yet another ban for simply stating fact. Rockstar is a child predator and MS is an enabler. These are not attacks on any individual. These statements aren't offensive to anyone. These...