why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

Discus and support why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have been unable to get any help from chat line as will not allow me to input first name and surname. trying to redeem code on new xbox360 and at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SnarlingRex5788, Dec 19, 2016.

1. why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

i have been unable to get any help from chat line as will not allow me to input first name and surname. trying to redeem code on new xbox360 and at input asking for account password it stops , why??

:)

SnarlingRex5788, Dec 19, 2016
  2. Xbox one account password is too long to enter into Xbox 360

When I set up my Xbox one account, I had forgotten my old 360 password. When I tried connecting to Xbox Live (redeem code) 360 afterwords, it would only accept 16 characters and my new password is more then that. I logged into my Xbox account at their site
    and It says I cant reset my password to shorten it.

OverdrawnPluto1, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Anaerin
    Anaerin Guest
    XBox sign-in does not support passwords longer than 16 characters

After receiving a security alert, I changed my Microsoft password to a nice, secure, 17-character password. But the XBox 360 only accepts the first 16 characters, and drops the rest, so I can't sign into my account. This seems stupid. Why is the password
    input field limited to 16 characters? Especially if the underlying system accepts more?

Anaerin, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

Hey there -

Do you get any error message or code when you try to enter your password that you can provide us with? Does your Microsoft account password have more than 16 characters? If so, try changing it to something that is 16 characters or less and try again.

Let us know how it goes!

Miss Bijoux, Dec 20, 2016
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there -

Do you get any error message or code when you try to enter your password that you can provide us with? Does your Microsoft account password have more than 16 characters? If so, try changing it to something that is 16 characters or less and try again.

Let us know how it goes!
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Redeem Code Problem

I had exactly the same problem yesterday when trying to redeem a code for XBL Gold.

When trying to redeem through the store on my console I too was getting the `Something went wrong` message, so I logged in to my Microsoft account on my PC and tried it that way, the code was accepted no problems.
  7. ll Lexx ll Win User

ReCore Banjo Kazooie N&B Code Not Redeeming

UPDATE

I managed to redeem my code by going onto xbox website and entering it and it was accepted. Still doesn't explain why the actual xbox is throwing up errors.
  8. Juxtapose13 Win User

Error 80151103, Unable to Consistantly Connect to Xbox LIVE

Hello everyone,

Just to update:

Yesterday I was able to try my Profile on another Xbox 360 console, one here at the office.

It's an Xbox 360 Elite model, and my Profile downloaded without issue. I then did _not_ remember my Microsoft Account password and set up my standard Pass Code, and when I tried to log in again, the 801 error came up just like on my Xbox 360 Pro console
    at home.

When I have a chance to try a different account on my console at home, I'll post the results as well.

Thanks!
  9. WPAK Win User

Xbox log in not working although it is correct

Hi there,

just to be sure can you login to
    http://account.microsoft.com
    with that account without any issues?

If so, be sure to check if all security settings are correct.

In case you can't sign in to that link then please try the steps mentioned here:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/lost-password-solution

Only for Xbox 360:

If this happens when on a Xbox 360 console, then be aware that passwords longer then 16 characters will not be working on the 360 console. If that is the case please change the password to a shorter one.

If two step verification is enabled you will require to set up a App password as mentioned here:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/no-prompt-security-code

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code?? - Similar Threads - why 360 accept

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  4. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  7. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  8. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  9. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  10. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...