Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the...

Discus and support Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I set up the new install folder. But now it seems that rather than installing to the new folder it instead installs on the original WindowsApps folder... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cryocore, Dec 17, 2021.

1. cryocore
    cryocore Guest

Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the...

I set up the new install folder. But now it seems that rather than installing to the new folder it instead installs on the original WindowsApps folder AND again in the XboxGames folder.

What is happening here? Rather than a solution this creates a whole new problem.

Thanks.

Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the... [​IMG]

:)

cryocore, Dec 17, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the new XboxGames folder?

3. cryocore Win User

Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the new XboxGames folder?

Thanks for the reply. How do I report the problem from the Insider Hub App? I can't seem to find any option to do this.

Thanks
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey cryocore, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Seems to be a bug with the xbox beta app. :/

I advise you to report this issue on the insiders' hub app on your PC, cryocore.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games)

Hello Samuel Gemmill,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your query is related to the space taken by the games when installed in apps and also taking up space in File Explorer. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The reason why the game is taking space in both the Xbox app and the File Explorer is because the game files are stored in a hidden folder called WindowsApps, which is located in the Program Files folder on your C: drive. This folder is protected by Windows and is not accessible by default, so you may not see it in the File Explorer. However, the Xbox app can access this folder and install the games there. Therefore, the game is taking up space on your C: drive, even if you don’t see it in the File Explorer. If the game was installed from the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app, and the game files are stored in the WindowsApps folder, then uninstalling the game from the app should remove all the files of the game from both the app and the WindowsApps folder. This is the normal and expected behavior. However, sometimes there may be a bug or a glitch that prevents the game files from being deleted properly from the WindowsApps folder, even after uninstalling the game from the app. This can cause the game to take up space on your C: drive, even if you don’t see it in the File Explorer. This is a known issue that many users have reported.

For your OneDrive issue that occupies space and showed in folder even if you have uncheck sync and save locally, this will be another topic and should be posted in different category because there is a dedicated support for this.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Chris E3 Win User

0x87E00017 problem

“i can`t download games in xbox game pass app and microsoft store . the problem code is 0x87E00017
    I've had this issue over the past few months, despite several clean Windows re-installs. It appeared to only occur when installing on certain hard drives (Particularly when large games could only be installed on to my large HDD).

I've managed to fix it today by*:

1. Assigning my user as owner of the "WindowsApps" folder on the root of the affected hard drive,
    2. Assigning my user with full access permissions to the "WindowsApps" folder only,
    3. Completely deleting the "WindowsApps" folder on the affected hard drive
    4. Deleting the Xbox game folder on the affected hard drive,
    5. Re-creating the Xbox game folder on the affected hard drive (Do not re-create the "WindowsApps" folder)
    * The steps above will require you to re-download your Xbox games on the specific hard drive!

The Xbox app will automatically re-create the WindowsApps folder when you try to download the next game.

After completing the above, I was able to download games as normal on that hard drive.

I can only surmise that at some point in the past, something corrupted the permissions on the "WindowsApps" folder, as its contents on the affected HDD were dated a long time ago.
Thema:

1. Why when using the Xbox App Beta do my games appear in both the WindowsApps folder and the... - Similar Threads - Why using App

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  4. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  5. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  6. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  7. Why can’t I use any apps ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I use any apps ?: My Xbox one won’t let me press on any apps for example setting and ext .All my games are also gone and I can’t reset the actual Xbox as I can’t go on settings or anything I have tried turning it...
  8. Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?: So i am having a seemingly unique issue. When I launch the Xbox App it does not display any PC games I have played nor does it display the ones i have installed. It also says I need to download...
  9. Why can’t I download photos from your web site using your app on my Xbox X .

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I download photos from your web site using your app on my Xbox X .: I want to use a custom photo to use as a background on my Xbox X. I wanted to use a photo off the internet but the edge app says downloads not supported by this device. Do I need to download a...
  10. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?: Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple Reason. I could Share Screenshots To multiple...