Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

Discus and support Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Liam Henshaw1, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x?

:)

Liam Henshaw1, Nov 25, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x

Xbox internal speed test is pinging Xbox Live servers instead of one a few miles from your house. It is nothing to be concerned about.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Asus: What servers do the Xbox use for testing

When I run a test network speed & statistics

My latency is like 65 ms. When I run a speed test from Okla or fast.com my latency is 12 ms unloaded and 32 loaded. Why is the latency so much higher on the console test. Now the other 2 test where run on console using the Edge browser. And my Router is
    a RT N66U.
    From what ive seen its testing from their servers in Washington state.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

XBOX Latency is so high, causing online lag

ignore that latency test, it is just a network test to a central server in the middle of the US, better to open the xbox browser and run pingtest.net.

i get the same latency from mine

643Mbps down

56.2Mbps upload

158ms Latency

but when i test my ping to a server farm 200 miles away my latency is 6ms.

The older xbox will struggle sometimes with newer games too as it will be playing at a much lower fps than newer consoles and the internal hdd can make is chug a bit.
  5. Lofty Who Win User

Xbox speed test

I think it's because when you run the test it bounces ( probably a better way to describe it lol ) off a server in America so us in Europe get high latency ...

Usually though the lower the latency number the better, when I last tested from the Xbox Dashboard mine was around 140ms, if I run a speed test from my laptop it's only 5ms which is ALOT better lol
  6. Malhar Pendse Win User

Xbox One Internet Speed Slow

Hi Brad,

Its not an issue with downloading an app or game; its the entire internet speed. My ping when I play Rocket League is 999 and its impossible to connect to any Xbox online services such as parties. But the xbox is the only device in my house having this issue.
    When I go to "Test network speed and statistics" in the network settings menu I am getting:

"Download speed: 1 Mbps;

Upload speed: 5 Mbps;

Packet loss 0%;

MTU: 1480;

Latency: 25 ms;

Wireless Strength; 71%"

This is the first time ever experiencing this issue and I have not changed the position of my xbox or router over the last year.
Thema:

Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

1. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency... - Similar Threads - Why test network

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  8. Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me: I just bought a game for the xbox 360 since it's ending in a year and booted the game up, once I quit the game, it didn't let me connect to xbox Live, it always fails the xbox live connection test...
  9. Why do I only get 5-10 mbps when the test shows almost a Gig

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only get 5-10 mbps when the test shows almost a Gig: Reset absolutely everything and get 1 gig speeds across every device except the series x. It doesn't make any sense. [img] [img] ede0de05-8bf6-4ac7-b919-d9939f966ee4
  10. Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?: Basically what it says on the tin, my multiplayer connection is so poor and so slow whenever I join a game, yet whenever I run tests on it like “Test multiplayer connection”, “Test NAT type” or...