Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...

Discus and support Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I had blocked someone from months ago and I never unblocked them and they still managed to find a way to message and invite me and continue to harass... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Blanca Garcia1, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...

I had blocked someone from months ago and I never unblocked them and they still managed to find a way to message and invite me and continue to harass me and I can’t understand why I’m trying to understand I had blocked them again and it worked they stopped messages and inviting but why didn’t the first time work????

:)

Blanca Garcia1, Aug 6, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it didn’t work and the second time it worked??

Hello my name is zahir a independent advisor.

Just to clarify, are they permantly blocked now?
  3. OmgItsCamie Win User

Blocking/mute not working

I was told by microsoft support multiple times that theres a glitch. Theyre usually on the same account when they message me. I know how to block and ive done everything possible but theyre still able to message me. This wasnt an issue 6 months ago. This
    desperately needs to be fixed. Its an on going issue with many other people i know as well. As a female gamer i get harassed often and its quite annoying to continue to get messages regardless of blocking them un blocking and reblocking in case it didnt take.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

When I block people they are still able to message me.

Hello Big

Have you restarted console at all after blocking them sometimes it need to have a

Power Cycle for some changes to take effect.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team
  5. JhonSnow777 Win User

HelloBigHappyMan82

You can follow the following steps to block unwanted messages

Block another player's messages on Xbox One

You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then navigate to Messages.
    2. Select the message conversation from the player you want to block.
    3. Select More.
    4. Select View profile card.
    5. Select Block.
    You also can find more info in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player

Let us know if these sugestions help!
  6. Geth Win User

This seems to be a reoccurring issue with a few people.

A power cycle sometimes works. Also a factory reset may work, but I recommend that as a last option.
Thema:

Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...

1. Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it... - Similar Threads - Why were still

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is not xbox rewards not work and unavailable in switzerland? Were broke

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is not xbox rewards not work and unavailable in switzerland? Were broke: I would like to have xbox rewards back on in Switzerland 5d983703-72aa-41db-b297-5ac1739552eb
  6. Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...: Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind of music app? 59322c3f-60f9-438a-bec7-6fb10174053e
  7. Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x: Okay so this was a long time ago(Christmas 2020) but i had gotten the Xbox series x and when I went to switch over to it all was fine until I went onto my Xbox one and ALL of my clips and captures...
  8. Why do i get suspended when other players were literally spamming my messages saying “ur...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do i get suspended when other players were literally spamming my messages saying “ur...: I dont understand this xbox suspension, i get suspended for other players doing man 0300f973-e05c-47b7-b437-71f3c1269c72
  9. Why were my levels reset mid game on Call of Duty?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why were my levels reset mid game on Call of Duty?: I was playing a search and destroy game until my whole screen froze mid round. A few seconds later my xbox shut off. When i go and turn it back on and load back on to Call of Duty my whole rank is...
  10. Why were the friend notifications removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why were the friend notifications removed?: I know that friend notifications were removed. I was wondering why. 5d9ace76-0c6d-49d0-8e2d-b57870994826