Why was my name changed even tho it didnt break community Guidelines?

Discus and support Why was my name changed even tho it didnt break community Guidelines? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my friends gamer tag was forcibly changed and then he was granted a free name change. problem is he had an original GT which was 13 characters long... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chad Nati0n, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Chad Nati0n
    Chad Nati0n Guest

So my friends gamer tag was forcibly changed and then he was granted a free name change. problem is he had an original GT which was 13 characters long and now he cannot change it back to the original gamer tag. With the awarded name change he clearly wasn't
    in the wrong and I think that's total nonsense that hes out an original GT because of how flawed the system is. Support cant help and enforcement is unreachable allowing them to do things without having to answer for their mistakes and that isn't right at
    all. He has had the gamer tag for 15 years which means he definitely has put ALOT of money into Xbox and the way he is being treated trying to get this resolved honestly makes me want to stop paying into Xbox and switch over to pc. You can have what ever name
    you want say what you want and no one takes action based solely on salty people reporting you.

:)

Chad Nati0n, Oct 26, 2020
  2. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

I would tell your friend to wait until he can speak with the Enforcement team. Id has had the same gamertag for that long, then yea its just someone being salty.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Unless he was told.he would get a free name change

Its unlikely

Everyone geta a free change to rhe new system are you sure he received a msg on enforcement site?.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Would this break community guidelines?

even if politics was allowed it can still then be treated as advertising which is against the rules. leave politics out of gaming please.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Would this break community guidelines?

As a rule of thumb,if you have to ask or have any doubts then don't do it.

Would you get into trouble? Possibly as it could be classed as a controversial topic.

Another thing to remember is that a lot of people play xbox & come on xbox live to get away from real life stuff & don't particularly want to see that sort of stuff on xbox live.
  6. APOCACIDE Win User

Your Friend is your enemy.

her name is piper and shes in love with me is why, seriously tho, you did something she disliked... alot, i didnt know companions would outright attack you for dislikes, she must really hate you, i mean you dont even know her name...
Thema:

1. Why was my name changed even tho it didnt break community Guidelines? - Similar Threads - Why was name

2. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  3. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  4. why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...: when i connect my new gaming headset it doesn't has its own name to it or separate it from the windows default sound device it always goes to the windows default one and runs by that instead of...
  5. Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?: I want to order a controller off of the Xbox design lab, but when I hit proceed to check out it says I need to put my first and last name on my account. So I went in and put my name, but it is...
  6. why does it say my name is corrupt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does it say my name is corrupt: i have tried to install n reinstall the game like it says and then it said my game is still corrupt so i followed the guild and reset my xbox but it still says the exact same thing that fortnite...
  7. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  8. Why can’t I make a gamer tag without a hashtag even though the name isn’t taken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I make a gamer tag without a hashtag even though the name isn’t taken?: So yesterday I tried to make a new gamer tag and it showed that there were no hashtags and when I purchased it it only changed my game gamer tag not the main one. I’m frustrated because I thought...
  9. Why is signing in two profiles changing the profile picture and legal name of the other?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is signing in two profiles changing the profile picture and legal name of the other?: So I just signed two accounts in on my Xbox and it made the profile picture change for the second one that was signed in and changed the name tied to it to be the name of the one that was signed...
  10. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...